• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    Ted I agree with you. You can ask any of the officers and the number one problem is managment. I think that most of our policies can be altered to make them better but they leave that up to some idiot in D.C who had never done the job or even been to a checkpoint.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Ted I agree with you. You can ask any of the officers and the number one problem is managment. I think that most of our policies can be altered to make them better but they leave that up to some idiot in D.C who had never done the job or even been to a checkpoint.

I have some questions for you:
    Why the need for the "Enhanced" Pat downs, are the metal detectors really not enough?
    Why the need to rush untested back scatter x-rays to the feild with out knowing the long term effects of the units, when essentially they are just bigger metal detectors?
    Can you provide some numbers as to how many of the guns or other "security breaches" found by the TSA, are actually plants put there by the TSA?
    And the last one, can you please let us know when the last time the TSA actually stopped or caught a terrorist was?

Thanks for your time..

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They said on the news that the TSA/Police said it was related to a domestic dispute and thought his wife/ex wife put it in there to get him in trouble.

With an exception of 9/11, we were doing just fine

Thats kinda like saying, I am doing fine I never murdered anyone except that one time.

I fly quite a bit for work, I kinda think most of the people who get all up in arms about the TSA and their liberties being stripped dont ever fly. I mean really, most of the time it takes 15 minutes to get through the security line.

Besides if you dont like it, dont fly. You arent forced to, I swear some people on here would complain if they won the lottery because it wasnt enough, or they were taxed too much, or now they are being tracked, or Obama wants to steal it, or the gays are going to steal it and all get married.

Its ok people, your life isnt that bad. Be happy and go shoot something.

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    The only difference between the enhanced pat down and the old pat down that no one complained about is we go higher on the inside of the leg. Reason being is so we can better detect things hidden in underware. The metal detectos do not detect explosives as they dont have metal in them. We dont have back scatter xrays here in Indy we have millimeter wave machines that dont use xrays. And if anyone needs to worry about long term affects from them its not passengers who go through them a few times a year its me that goes through them several times a day and work next to them all day...so if i get cancer or start to mutate ill let you know. And they arnt metal detectors as they detect everything including explosives. and the number of firearms found per month vary but its usually somewhere around 50-100 a month nation wide. And dont believe that we have cought any terroists but we have stopped several idiots with explosives and weapons that I dont think anyone wants on their flight. Hope that helps

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    sigpro, good for you for manning up against some of these guys with only 7 posts! They probably figured you for a punk who would just take a chatroom beatdown and go away.
    Total set up by the way...no self respecting man would only carry 2 rounds. a self respecting man would've keestered 2 full mags to try to get past security. Not saying I've done this of course!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Oh come now. The office of the Attorney General and its subordinates are experts upon the subjects of law enforcement and national security.

Look at how those office holders performed in 1993 in Waco, Texas; or 1992 with 'Ruby Ridge', Idaho; or Operation Fast and Furious; or........

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Sigpro
    Thanks for what you do. I am grateful for what you all do. And I know that you, the front line guys get handicapped by those that tell you how to do your job. I don't mind unobtrusive searches, IE metal detectors and I don't even minds the booth thing. I actually have had great experiences getting through security here in INDY but other airports, much larger ones to be specific don't seem to have the same high caliber employees that we do.
    I just wonder how much more we are willing to give up along the lines of freedom in order to be "100%" safe.

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    Thank you infiremedic07. I know here at Indy we try to our job as best we can and still be as polite and friendly as possible. I know its not like that at every airport. I dont think we will ever be 100% safe, all we can do is try our best to stop those who would do harm.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    4221.jpg

Top Bottom