• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I have a Remington 870 wingmaster ( older model) . I'm wanting to put on a 3 RD extension. Have looked around at all the usual Internet spots & can't seem to find any in stock at what I'd call a fair price, so, I'm considering manufacturing my own. My question is ( I think)... Suggestions on the materials? I was thinking electrical conduit but it may be too thin to thread. Also, does anyone know what those threads are? I can track them but I'm certain I'm not the first to attempt this. Any pitfalls to watch for, or don't even try? Thanks INGO.

Sorry. The wingmaster is a 12 ga.

Last edited:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Matching inside diameter and smooth transition is a must for this. You are altering the feed mechanism of the gun, and the little details make big differences.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Keep in mind that adding a 3 round ext. will add weight and make the gun very muzzle heavy until you use up the first 3 rounds. I installed one on my 870 years ago and then went back to the stock magtube simply because it made the gun SO MUCH easier to handle and swing and stop. If you have a chance try an extended 870 on the range before you do anything else. It makes the 870 into a completely different gun IMO. Extra rounds may sound good but unless they are truly necessary there are tradeoffs. Magazine springs will have a shorter life if you leave the gun fully loaded 24/7. That is not an Internet "myth" - ask any police armorer who services 870s kept in cruiser racks fully loaded and rarely if ever used. Usually those guns get pulled out of the rack once a year for qualification and most of them will have last round feed problems from a weakened mag spring. And some with cheap springs may not even feed the first two rounds reliably.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom