• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sand Creek Conservation club hosts turkey shoots on Sundays during the winter. I have never done this myself, but I volunteered to help with the events for the next few weekends. I know that attendance has been down and there is interest in getting new shooters, especially those shooting production guns. The dedicated still board shooters use scoped shotguns with long barrels and super full fixed chokes.

From what I can tell this is basically like playing bingo or scratching lotto tickets. You shoot one shell at a piece of paper about 20 yards away. The person with a pellet/hole closest to the center dot wins money.

Location: Club is south of Elizabethtown (near Columbus). easiest way is to take Hwy 31 --> turn east on CR 600 --> you will run into the clubhouse.

time: 1:00 pm

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Sand Creek Conservation club hosts turkey shoots on Sundays during the winter. I have never done this myself, but I volunteered to help with the events for the next few weekends. I know that attendance has been down and there is interest in getting new shooters, especially those shooting production guns. The dedicated still board shooters use scoped shotguns with long barrels and super full fixed chokes.

From what I can tell this is basically like playing bingo or scratching lotto tickets. You shoot one shell at a piece of paper about 20 yards away. The person with a pellet/hole closest to the center dot wins money.

Location: Club is south of Elizabethtown (near Columbus). easiest way is to take Hwy 31 --> turn east on CR 600 --> you will run into the clubhouse.

time: 1:00 pm

Down here in southern IN we shoot boards at 45yds with custom guns and fill the board each round. At 20yds we would blasting holes in the paper. I do shoot some spot rounds (on paper) with a stock gun, but it is 30yds.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Originally Posted by JohnR What do they shoot for, are they all money shoots or do they shoot for meat as well?

Sorry for not answering your questions sooner.
    They shoot for cash & meat.
    Here is a couple of cards that won me one box each of T-bone, & ribeye steaks last Sun.
    We were shooting about 30yds with stock guns.

This one won T-bone steaks
    2hh17c8.jpg

This one won ribeye steaks
    vrynm8.jpg

Top Bottom