• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I went to Turtle Creek yesterday also known as Merom power plant. The fishing was great for channel catfish. I brought home 22 that averaged between 1 and 3 pounds. Water temp at the North end was 61 degrees. Probably half of the fish were full of eggs.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I haven't been there for over 10 years. It used to be chalk full of big bass and crappie, then all the vegetation died off and fishing for anything other than cats took a dive. Is that still the case?

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I was there about 10 years back and caught several bass over 5 lbs. It was sweet as we would watch the shad jump and throw a rattle trap into it closer to the hot water outlet. I was in Feb too it think. You just reminded me that I need to go back :)

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    That first full moon in May was always money back in the coves on the south end.

I caught my biggest crappie ever there in 2000.
    crappie.jpg
    [/IMG]

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Crappie

I haven't been there for over 10 years. It used to be chalk full of big bass and crappie, then all the vegetation died off and fishing for anything other than cats took a dive. Is that still the case?
    Most of the vegetation is gone but they have palced alot of man made structure in the lake. They also done alot of stocking bass, crappie and small mouth. they placed around 12,000 smallmouth 2 years ago. Three years ago fising the submerged bridge on the North end I caught 5 crappie the largest 2.8 lbs and the smalllest 2 pounds along with a 22 1/2 inch bass and 30 catfish was a great day.

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    With the wind on that lake, I wish they would just strictly enforce idling for big motors. I used to catch a few nice bass down there in March, on the cold end of the lake. 46deg baby!

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Went back out to the lake yesterday with a friend and we caught 55 nice channel catfish. We was the only boat on the water. We saw alot of bass working the north end of the lake.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    With the wind on that lake, I wish they would just strictly enforce idling for big motors. I used to catch a few nice bass down there in March, on the cold end of the lake. 46deg baby!

I may be reading this wrong (kind of tired, time for bed) but I'm pretty sure you can idle around the lake with bigger motors. 9.9's can still go all out but if you have a 250 idle away.

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    I may be reading this wrong (kind of tired, time for bed) but I'm pretty sure you can idle around the lake with bigger motors. 9.9's can still go all out but if you have a 250 idle away.

Its been several years since I been there, but in the past we could only start the big motors to get the boat on and off the trailer. There was no idling like that around, but it may have changed now. I used to hang a 9.9 right next to the big motor, it wasn't worth the effort. I might just break the boat out early this year and head down there if so. I couldn't find the regs online about the motors.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Its been several years since I been there, but in the past we could only start the big motors to get the boat on and off the trailer. There was no idling like that around, but it may have changed now. I used to hang a 9.9 right next to the big motor, it wasn't worth the effort. I might just break the boat out early this year and head down there if so. I couldn't find the regs online about the motors.

10HP max:

http://www.hepn.com/assets/files/TCBrochure.pdf

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan

Is the bank fishing any good there?

I've only had my boat out there one time and that was in July '10 (right after I bought it). I have bank fished several times at the north end where the county road crosses over. Last May I went out there and found this guy up next by the rocks. Looked like he got smacked by a prop.
    IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Top Bottom