• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Well after a long wait, much longer than I was really comfortable with, I finally received my conversion in the mail. Before ordering from them again I would want to know they have what I am ordering in stock, I really dislike waiting 7 weeks after they have accepted my money before shipping.

First impressions...

It is a lightweight unit but looks well made. No sharp edges and the DuraCoat is well applied. The finish is even and free of runs or thick spots. The 3 dot sights come up nicely with the rear adjustable for windage tho my was dead on as far as the POI being centered on the target. Slide serrations are deep and just sharp enough to be non-slip. Magazines have an alloy body with poly base plate.

pf222.jpg
    pf223.jpg

The kit was simple enough, slide, barrel, recoil spring and rod. It went together very easily without any work or binding.

pf224.jpg

The barrel has a very generous ramp which seems to aid in reliabilty in feeding.

pf225.jpg

At the range...

Took the unit out to the range and loaded upo with Federal Auto Match...only ammo I had with me. Out of the first 20 rounds I had 5 failures to function. I realized it was my fault...I was holding the gun like I would many 22 rimfires, with a somewhat loose grip. I tightened up and for the next 200 rounds it performed perfectly. Windage was spot on but with the Federal Auto Match it is shooting a couple inches high at 10 yards. Groups size was very good when I did my part and concentrated on the long double action trigger. I will bench it at 25 and see just what the gun is capable of later this week weather permitting.

Felt recoil was non existent and it was a lot of fun to shoot. I had 3 others shoot it today after the match and all were impressed with the feel and how well it shot. I am very pleased with the units performance so far. My future plans are to bench it for accuracy as well as trying some different brands of ammo in it. Hopefully it will perform as well with HPs like CCI Mini Mag.

pf221.jpg

Twisted Industries has plans to produce a conversion for the Kel Tec P-11 and the KelTec P3AT in the near future. Price was $200 with one magazine, extra mags are $35 each.

Is it worth it? I would have to say yes. First it makes a great trainer for teaching newcomers. Second if you like to practice with your carry gun the price of the conversion can quickly be made up in ammo savings, especially if you don't reload. I can also see this serving as a kit gun on the trail or in the woods. And if for no other reason it is just a lot of fun to shoot and not have to worry about finding your brass.

I give this unit a big thumbs up!

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Great write up.

I haven't heard of this conversion kit until your post. Having a PF-9 this might be something I could look into. I would be a bit worried about waiting the 7 weeks to receive the unit though. Once there is a steady supply I'll take a look at trying one of these out.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Great write up.

I haven't heard of this conversion kit until your post. Having a PF-9 this might be something I could look into. I would be a bit worried about waiting the 7 weeks to receive the unit though. Once there is a steady supply I'll take a look at trying one of these out.

I am guessing they just had a run on them right ofter they introduced them. I would call and see if they are in stock before ordering. If they are out of them I am sure they would be happy to drop you an e-mail when the get more built. I ordered mine online and they did not notify me they were back ordered on them...just s pet peeve of mine. Once I contacted them to let them know I was concerned about they delay they kept me updated every 5 or 6 days with the progress on mine. I plan on buying a couple more mags for mine...I hate having just 2 mags for a gun.

Weather here in Indiana has been wet...once it dries out some I will do some accuracy testing with a variety of .22 ammo brands. After our pistol/rifle match this past Sunday several people shot it and were impressed with it's reliability, accuracy, lack of recoil, and the fun factor...it really is a fun little gun to shoot. Of course my PF-9 has a trigger like a tuned K-Frame S&W...very smooth but this unit would be fun on any PF-9.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Glad to see someone local has one to talk about and look forward to a range report. Everything I've read from other owners seem to have the same problem of shooting high but, with a little filing of the sight they come around. Sounds like customer service is pretty good too.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    No problem to use a 6 o'clock hold for me...

If you make ever make it up to a NWI Ingo shoot at Winamac you can try mine...if I make the shoot...lol. Haven't been able to yet this year.

Top Bottom