• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Talked briefly with the young guy at the 1500 a couple shows ago. Nice, personable guy. His work looked nice, but I wonder if anyone has used one of his 'hawks personally. His website is 2hawks.net, and there are some testimonials, but he's reasonably local and having set up a table at the 1500 I expect someone here might have some first hand knowledge. He's not forging his blades out of some super fancy "unobtainium", but 6150 spring steel is serviceable enough for me if properly heat treated and quenched. Anybody got the inside scoop?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Ha! Search Nazi. Someday perhaps the iPhone will allow a search to be performed without closing the search box after every single letter is typed. Thanks for searching for me though!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I think they make a solid product. there will always be lemons but to me it's all about how the problem is handled. devin went above and beyond. he also said there was some problem they had in one batch and it's been corrected.

there are a ton of members here who have his hawks. Dakruiser, Dtrap (my brother) and many others. we have literally beat the hell out of them with no problems. they are some tough tools and they have some very good customer service.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I read through the epic thread referenced above, and it was pretty clear to me when I saw the picture of the fracture that the head was not forged in the manner that I was looking for. It does seem that Devon stands behind his product, and the thread ended with a satisfied customer, so I don't think I would hold that failure against him (although I think he ought to know better the difference between "forged" steel and what seems to be more like "wrought" steel). I do like his designs, but I still think I'm looking for a forged 'hawk.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom