• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought I'd share a photo of the latest additions to the gun safe. Here's a shot of the latest two that I traded for. The first (bottom) was a CZ 75 Compact. I had recently bought a TZ 75.88 and wanted something similar in a smaller form. I could not have been happier with the Compact after getting it. We ran over 400 rounds through that gun within the first week of buying it and it never missed a beat. It goes to the range with us each time and is among the favorites to shoot.

The top gun is the Armalite version of the CZ 75 and was just bought last week. It has some features that I like better than the CZ 75, but I'll continue to carry the CZ and will let this become the wife's gun. Among the things that I like better on this one is the safety works better. It can be engaged with the hammer up or down and a live round can be ejected with the safety engaged. We have less than 200 rounds through this one so far, but it looks like a good addition to the collection.

I've been trying to clean up the collection somewhat and so far this spring have traded a Bersa 380, Bersa 9HC, Sig P6 and S&W 586 for the CZ family.

picture.php

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Thought the mag base plate is thicker and the palm swell is more pronounced, I like the rear sight on the Armalite. Looks to be less prone to snagging on a CCW. Are the sights pretty similar on the two with the profile exception?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks. Of the two of them, the Armalite is more comfortable but also comes in 3 ozs heavier than the CZ. I think the CZ will be just as comfortable to grip if I swap the plastic grips for a pair of rubber grips. I might also apply a bit of skateboard tape to the CZ front and back straps to make it as grippy as the Armalite's raised checkering does. My only real issue with the Armalite is that they went with a shorter magazine. I wish they would have just used the standard CZ Compact mags. I can use the CZ mags in the Armalite, but they do stick out about a quarter inch longer. The big mag extension on the Armalite mag makes it almost the same length as it is if I use a Mecgar 16 round magazine. I'm not sure what the design philosophy behind using a shorter grip, then extending it with a big hollow baseplate. It might be a weight savings idea I guess.

Top Bottom