• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Unfortunately, they're creating them in their overseas subsidiaries and not here in the US. They can make a better profit expanding overseas than they can here in the business unfriendly states. Between the unions, high taxes and over regulation it's just not worth expanding in this country anymore. This is what the future looks like. Best get used to it, because no politician is going to make a move to make us a business friendly country.

Many U.S. companies are hiring ... overseas

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I work for a large multinational company. Yep, we're expanding very rapidly right now, and yeah, most of that is overseas. But we're also investing significantly in our US based plants as well.

Given the global nature of business these days, I can't say that I can argue with the decisions for companies to expand outside of the US. There are good reasons on top of lower operating expenses that result from lower labor costs, lower taxes, lower real estate costs etc. Reasons such as having manufacturing locations closer to customers, distribution channels set up in countries where the market for your product is growing, access to new suppliers and logistics locations, etc.

I know the topic is a hotbutton for a lot of folks, and this thread is sure to have a lot of good opinions on both sides.

So, my :twocents: is that I would love for the US economy to be self contained, but I'm also enough of a realist to know that today's economy is much more dependent on international trade than ever before. Without the expansion of many US companies into other countries, those companies would likely become stagnant or even slowly go by the wayside.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Implement the Fairtax and America would be the tax haven of the world. No corporate income tax or SS/Medicare tax and the cost/compliance issues associated with these punitive taxes, a level playing field against imported products due to the imbedded tax during American-based production being phased out, people can keep what they earn and channel it according to THEIR Happiness, and arguably the best reason of all, the elimination/incredible reduction of the IRS.

Ahhhhh, a man can dream, can't he?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Eliminate the corporate tax - in fact, eliminate all taxes on business, which are by their very nature just a lie. Eliminate capital gains tax.

Watch our economy explode.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Isn't going to happen. Business taxes are just a slippery way the government taxes it's citizens just like inflating the money supply.

Top Bottom