• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Last spring, my chickens were going crazy one evening. I went to see what was going on, and there was a cat with 3 kittens in the chicken coop. The cat appears to be a stray. I startled the mom, and she took off. I moved the kittens to a small box and set them outside of the chicken coop. The mom came back later that evening and took the kittens somewhere else. Today, it happened again with the same cat. This time, I shut the coop and trapped her in. My chickens are not pleased that they shut out of the coop. My plan was to catch the mom and take her and her kittens to the animal shelter. I don't want this to be a yearly thing. But unfortunately, the animal shelter is closed for the evening. So, if anyone wants a cat and 3 kittens, and would meet me around Lapel/Noblesville/Anderson this evening, let me know!:): Otherwise my hens may be stuck out in the rain tonight. I would also take any advice on how to teach chickens martial arts so they can defend their coop from stray cats. Or, how to transform them into tactical chickens! :ar15:

Last edited:

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Just teach them all to wear drop leg holsters and carry .45s in them... we all know it's the best round...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Feral rather than a stray. There are outfits that will spay them cheap to free, and rabies shots and whatnot. Then you could let her out to keep your small vermin under control, but no more kittens. I have a few too many cats as it is, and kittens would be frowned on, but those are easy to place, so the shelter would probably take them.

Top Bottom