• ...and so much more!
  • superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    picture.php
    I brought a package deal to get the guns I wanted. I have a 1911 with the Union Switch & Signal slide and barrel with a Ithaca lower frame both are from 1943. So to put a price on this how would know what to ask for it. The gun is 70% on the condition. Would it be better to part it out? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I would not part it out. Sounds like great trade bait to me.

It is a 60 some year old gun and they normally shoot ball ammo real well. The 70% grade will cut off collectors as they normally want near mint. It may have been as arsenal rebuild with mixed parts. I think the ithica frames normally used HI-stanard barrels Then again there were no set rules during the war.

People want to WWII guns. But lots of the surplus ones are around.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    If its a USGI 1911 I would suggest not parting it out. These are only getting better in value. Put it in the safe like a savings bond.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    it's a mix master.....any arsenal marks on it....AA,SA,RIA,BA,SAA or RA....it's hard to tell if the arsenal mixed it or someone else did......i would think you could get more money splittin' it up to people who are makin' a complete pistol....:twocents:

value??.....500 to 600....parted???

slide 400

barrel 125

frame 400

would need some pic's to see for sure...

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I have an all original Union Switch & Signal 1911A1. It is a Type 3 with some wear on it. I had it appraised between $2,800 to $3,300. I don't know about how much each part is worth. I would keep it all together. Just my :twocents:.

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    I would Look around and Find a Ithaca Slide they are NOT hard to find I have 2 of them,the US&S Slide if it is (P) Proofed on the top of slide is Probaly a 2nd or 3 Run as the First Run US&S 1911A1's had NO Proof Marks and serial Number 104XXX I have 1 I had a 2nd with proof Marks SOLD $2550.00.
    But if it where me I would just Keep it, but I have several 1911A1's and I only shoot 1 of them. they are better than money in the Bank and you always have something you can use if need be.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Can you get more detailed photos up? Does it have the arsenal markings as described above? Does the finish on the slide/frame seem to match? There are a thousand possibilities in this guns history.

Top Bottom