• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    early ser. # ones used gi parts except reciever.mine is in the 14000 range,and keeps on shooting.they started making their own parts later and made junk.

JCR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    It is probably the brand. Universal has been making "M1 carbines" since the 1960s. I put it in quotes because they aren't the traditional M1 carbines that most people think of. My understanding is that Universal redesigned a few things.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    My friend and I just shot his Dad's universal M1 Carbine a few weeks ago. It was built in 1962 and bought brand new but never shot, so it was sitting in a closet for almost 50 years. Anyway, we bought some Korean 15 round mags from Sportsmansguide.com and some Remington UMC ammo. I took the stock off and gave it a wipe down, oiled and cleaned the barrel.

The first few mags gave us a few FTF's each. By the 5th or 6th mag we were getting about one FTF each. Thats all we shot of it but he told me its running better and better now. Didn't determine if its the mags getting worked out or the gun, but either way it was fun too shoot and pretty dang accurate.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    I owned one a few years back and had two 30 round mags for it. It was a smooth shooting gun. I thought about upgrading it many times but never did. I ended up buying it for 325 and selling it for 350 a year later. I wanted one of the Marlin 1894C 357 Magnum lever actions since they became legal not too long ago. I love the universal while I had it. But it was kind of exspensive to shoot I thought at around 50 cents a shot. Make sure to oil the receiver and where the bullet leaves the mag very well. Mine tended to get caught a few times but noting a bump on the side of the gun would fix that until I oiled it. I even took a dremel to it and it greatly improved the cycling.

Over all its a really fun gun. I shot beavers with it that were damning up my pond. We considered them pests. fairly accurate for such a short barrel.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I was on gunbroker looking for a M1 carbine and I saw a few for under $400 all classified as "universal". What exactly does that mean?

I have a UNIVERSAL M1 CARBINE, it shoots good, when my son was young it was his favorite rifle, The UNIVERSAL M1, doesn't use the same stock as the MILITARY M1 CARBINE:twocents:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Yamaha on here has one. I believe its one of their early models and is all GI parts but maybe one or two things. He loves it, its dead reliable and accurate. I'll get ahold of him and have him check out this thread to give more info.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Siaga, you have a pm, give me a call and ill answer any of your questions on them. The difference between them, which ones are worth a crap, etc. Btw, I can fit gi stocks on mine ;)

Top Bottom