• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Dubsac
    The one Cubby is making for me is going to a buddy of mine that has some good sized meat hooks and he doesn't mind getting close and rolling around with you if he has too. That's way I asked Cubby for the bigger size. But if you like the shape and you want to sweet talk Cubby a little bit I'm sure he would make one to your liking. This will be the second knife I've gotten from Cubby. The first one went to Randy Luth the owner of DPMS and now this one will go to Zig a friend. Both times I just give Cubby an ideal of what I want and he does the rest. I haven't been disappointed in his work and they have been worth the wait

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    oooh.. INGO are you ready for some handmade knife goodness? i got me a big fat box back from heat treat today! you know what THAT means!

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Handmade knife goodness indeed. I spent some time with Cubby last night after work and was lucky enough to see those blades fresh from heat treat. Some fine looking stuff in there.

And by the way, Cubby is a great guy and a heck of a lot of fun to talk to. Anyone that is thinking about dealing with him - don't hesitate, he'll take good care of you.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    thanks! it was great meeting you, and your welcome here anytime. or to call with any questions!

i get to spend most of the day tomorow out there making steel dust! hopefully get a few knocked out, and some more pictures for the WIP thread!

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I went by cubby's yesterday and he got a lot of neat stuff he's working on. I got to see all the stuff he working on for the INGO members. I think that you will like what he making for you

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    thanks! glad you could stop by yesterday! last week or so has been GREAT for me. seen alot of folks i haven't seen for awhile. met some new faces (fergy35!) and got to FINISH the folder prototype! carried it today and cut up some stuff. really like it. and she is SHARP. i'm loving me some Sandvik 19c27!!

one down. 8 more to go!

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cubby I'd love to pick up one of your masterpieces when I get back to the homeland. Nothing super fancy just something to use for camping an food prep. Thanks Joe

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    jsharon and Airborne PFC knives are very near completion! just waiting on a few things... then ready for sheaths!

next up will be the last chapter in the WIP thread of jclark's knife. i was going to do it today, but i have yet to find my camera. so as soon as i locate it, i'll get started on getting finished! ;) and maybe toss up some pictures of the chef's knife i will be working on later this week, too!

i LOVE making knives! whooooot!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    jsharon and Airborne PFC knives are very near completion! just waiting on a few things... then ready for sheaths!

next up will be the last chapter in the WIP thread of jclark's knife. i was going to do it today, but i have yet to find my camera. so as soon as i locate it, i'll get started on getting finished! ;) and maybe toss up some pictures of the chef's knife i will be working on later this week, too!

i LOVE making knives! whooooot!
    I can't wait to see my knife. You Think you will have it completed in a month or so??

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    to the top!

with the nice weather, the shop is REOPEN! whoot! i ground out 2 tonight in about 2 hours. not too shaby!

grunt, you will be happy to know that i have source some NON D2 steel for you tanto! :)

the past few months have SUCKED. tonight, i have had the chance to decompress more in 3 hours than ever in the past 4 months. stress and life and all that jazz. it feels good. it feels GREAT. i love this hobby. to those waiting on orders, i'm sorry to take so long..... this is why i warn everyone up front about my turtle pace! LOL! that, and the shop is usually out of operation for 4-5 months a year! hahahaa..... but i do it for fun, and for times like these.... the need for an escape.... an outlet. knifemaking is my outlet.

good lord it feels good to BUILD again!

thanks all!

joe

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    no worries cubby i just like messing with you. you told me up front and its all good. i am glad your decompressing and enjoying life a bit. i hope the stress relief continues for you sir. i am stoked for the knife and when you get it to me, i get it, until then i am just dreaming about it :)

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Cubby,

I had an order in for a pikal style. Sent you a .pdf that detailed my ideas and it was sort of a take-off of another one you had. I can re-send it if you lost it. I don't see it in any of these pictures. Just let me know. I don't get down in this forum that often so I didn't see this one. Thanks.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Cubby,

I had an order in for a pikal style. Sent you a .pdf that detailed my ideas and it was sort of a take-off of another one you had. I can re-send it if you lost it. I don't see it in any of these pictures. Just let me know. I don't get down in this forum that often so I didn't see this one. Thanks.

yep. i've still got it down. haven't ordered steel for the next batch, or started the next batch, just yet. gotta finish some of these out and sell them before the cycle restarts! :D never done teh math, but i severely doubt i make anything on knives i make.... probly lose money..... hahaha!

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    yep. i've still got it down. haven't ordered steel for the next batch, or started the next batch, just yet. gotta finish some of these out and sell them before the cycle restarts! :D never done teh math, but i severely doubt i make anything on knives i make.... probly lose money..... hahaha!

Sounds great man, take your time. Just wanted to make sure I was still in line somewhere.

Top Bottom