US And Fed Deliberately Tanking The Dollar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That's the accusation coming from a Chinese economist, and I must say that there's a compelling case to made. With a weak dollar American exports will be looked upon more favourably and Obama has said that he wants to raise our exports. Unfortunately, that means that things will cost us a lot more as the dollar becomes weaker and our standard of living will head down, as will our standing in the world economic markets. These guys are going to destroy our economy and I can't help but think that it's deliberate, given their philosophies and histories. The truly sad part is that their "opponents" across the aisles are just as clueless and have no control over the fed, either.

U.S. is currency war's tomb maker -China economist | Reuters

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last I checked, China, among a few others, is the last nation to be criticizing other countries monetary policies. They have been devaluing theirs for years....

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    yeah, this aint exactly news, son.

been doing this since the illuminati/fed reserve/bilderburg shot kennedy for wanting to put us back on the gold standard.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Last I checked, China, among a few others, is the last nation to be criticizing other countries monetary policies. They have been devaluing theirs for years....
    This is one of the primary reasons we buy so much stuff from China. Another reason the Chinese are complaining is because they have very large investments in dollars.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    When the dollar was devalued against the pound sterling and the Euro, we actually got an influx of manufacturing business from Europe.

Now, they are trying to tank the pound and Euro to "balance out" their trade defecit, and we're countering by devaluing our own and so on and so forth.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    When your debt is in dollars, the less they're worth, the less you owe.

First, our wealth was destroyed in the crash.

Next, heavy-handed policies are implemented that make it difficult to regain our wealth.

Finally, they make the money worth less, so the wealth we retained is actually worth less.

Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    2012 cannot get here soon enough ;)

What do you think is going to be different about 2012? I definitely want to see Obama out and a socially and fiscally conservative POTUS inserted but ultimately I don't think it's going to matter.

Both parties suck nuts and I haven't seen a candidate yet that I think can/will do a damn thing about this.

I'm curious if you're seeing something different.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    If George Soros wants it, the Dems'll fall over themselves trying to make sure it happens. He does, and they are.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    What do you think is going to be different about 2012? I definitely want to see Obama out and a socially and fiscally conservative POTUS inserted but ultimately I don't think it's going to matter.

Both parties suck nuts and I haven't seen a candidate yet that I think can/will do a damn thing about this.

I agree. This has been building up for decades. Neither party has the gonads the actually stop spending. Neither really wants to tackle immigration either.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

I thought the 2012 reference was a crack at the end of the world. . .

Top Bottom