• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    This info may already exist in bits and pieces on this forum but my goal is to combine the location of Nuclear Power Plants, Fault Lines and Prevailing Winds to demonstrate how Indiana could be affected. I'm sure there are people who have already planned this out to the Nth Degree but it's good to see it for yourself.

This is not extensive or scientific and if someone wants to take it and run with it, go for it. From what I can see, the New Madrid Fault and the number of NPP's in Illinois could really jack us up and yes, the wind usually blows this way. I've lived in Northern Indiana my whole life and have experienced 2 (two) tremors. That's a nice way of saying Earthquake.

Ok, here we go......

The link below indicates where the Nuclear Power Plants are located.

File:NRC regions and plant locations 2008.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This next link shows the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

New Madrid Seismic Zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This link is for the Wabash Valley Seismic Zone (also known as the Wabash Valley Fault System or Zone).

Wabash Valley Seismic Zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And now for the Prevailing winds.

Great Plains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first link above shows the Great Plains. Why you ask ? Well, if you have ever driven in these regions, you know it's a freaking wind machine and it usually blows right across Ill-e-Noise and right across the Hoosier (Who's Here) State. Ever hear of the Dust Bowl of Oklahoma ? Kansas is basically an Alien Landing Strip since no one seems to live there plus there's no trees. Okay, that's an exaggeration but not much of stretch.

"In the mid-latitudes, westerly winds are the rule and their strength is at the mercy of the polar cyclone". WTF ? Polar Cyclone ? Al Gore must of missed this one. :rolleyes:

Below is a Fallout Map showing wind direction.

Google Image Result for http://standeyo.com/News_Files/UN_Images/FEMA.fallout.map.jpg

So, add in Lake Michigan as the great snow, ice and rain maker that it is and we could have the Perfect Storm. The world's largest amount of fresh water could turn fish into monsters.........but don't drink the water.

MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE + FALLOUT + WIND DIRECTION + LAKE AFFECT SNOW/RAIN = SHTF for the HOOSIER STATE !

If the "I can't see what's killing me" panic (justified or not) would take place and it's all headed East, then you have the Appalachian Mountain Chain that could create a barrier and trap the voodoo dust causing all kinds of problems. Either way, the East Coasters can't all go swimming at the same time so where do you think the over populated East Coast will go ? How about Chicago/Gary ? St. Louis ? Indianapolis ?

Where there are people, there are problems. :runaway:

Also, remember that Japan is basically an Island chain and it's not that easy to just drive a 1000 miles to escape the nasty. The Midwest has a geographical advantage and less history of earthquakes. There is a history however. I also think that there is a difference between how the Japanese respond and how the "nanny state" spazzoids would respond. What ?? You mean the government won't personally fix this mess on day 2 ?

You decide how to prepare and respond if the S ever HTF from this scenario. I hope it doesn't.

And.....for yet another day/thread, someone could look at the link below and just want to build a bunker and become a Zombie Mole and read old issues of Guns n Ammo and eat MRE's until they run out. Internet withdraw symptoms are best dealt with on case by case basis. :D

Nuclear War Fallout Shelter Survival Info for Indiana with FEMA Target Maps

Now where was I ?

Financial collapse would ensue, gas shortage, food shortage, riots and a cluster (you know what) would be the order of the day.

DAY 27, SNAFU !

I better stop here before the Sheeple get wind of this. :puke:

Last edited:

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Nice job of adding up the pieces.
    While IN is nuke-free, IL is both upwind and nuke intensive.
    Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Wyoming look better every day.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Dresden
    LaSalle
    Bryon
    Braidwood
    DC Cook

And those are just the ones I have worked at in the last 6 months. All less then 150 miles from my home.

Top Bottom