• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    82 shooters at a club match is insane. Squads could have been better balanced(we had 18) but all in all the squads moved pretty good. Second match for the STI Eagle(really getting to liking this light weight Limited gun) 1 miss on the last stage for the day. Times were all really good. 92 % on the El Pres.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Great Day

It was fantastic weather. The stages were a lot of fun and plenty challenging. Great job Dave and crew. Any day I get to hang out with Rat Bastard 2.5 is a great day. The match was well worth the drive. Production is a different game than Limited for certain. Some good today and some needs work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p5BeLtFxa4

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Great weather and a HUGE turnout. There were so many shooter that I didn't even get to look and see if any other Revolver shooters made it. Great squad and stages that had so many different ways to shoot them that you had think a little.:)
    Shot a decent match had 1 miss and a couple of self induced reloads:D.
    Yeah Dave the plate rack with 6 plates and the revolver with 6 rounds didn't work out as well as I hoped. Missed the first plate:xmad: and had to do a reload to finish it off.

Thanks to Dave,Dan,Lee and everyone else that puts the work in to make this happen.

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Great video coach, love seeing you guys in action. Next month we will register and squad up at the clubhouse.(just like southcentral). Clip boards designated for each stage will be available at sign in. 2 clip boards will be designated for our out of state competitors who bring an entire squad with them. I'm working on scoring. We are working toward Practiscore implication. After yesterday's enormous turnout a more efficient method of scoring needs to be implicated. We will be working toward a more effiicently run match.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Great video coach, love seeing you guys in action. Next month we will register and squad up at the clubhouse.(just like southcentral). Clip boards designated for each stage will be available at sign in. 2 clip boards will be designated for our out of state competitors who bring an entire squad with them. I'm working on scoring. We are working toward Practiscore implication. After yesterday's enormous turnout a more efficient method of scoring needs to be implicated. We will be working toward a more effiicently run match.
    Some shooters don't like SCGC squadding system,BUT it makes the squads more equall in the number of shooters per squad and that makes the match run smoother. When you deal with 50-80 shooters the tear down at the end of a long day is a big deal and you want to go home and rest after a Big match like that.

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Waiting for any discrepancies to be noted, other than division classification error which I will correct prior to our next match. Classifier results have been sent to USPSA for update. Yesterday may have been the monthly cut off day for classifier entries so they may not be posted until Apr. 15ish, then again I may have sent them in before the door shut.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Ugh...after looking at my scores, I shoulda stayed home.

Dan I have shot some terrible matches but always had more fun than staying home:D.
    It was a tough match with a big crowd and a lot of good shooters.
    My goal with the revolver is to finish middle of the pack or better(overall).
    At Silver Creek that rarely happens as they have squads of shooter from 2+ hours away show up. For the most part when a couple of vehicles show up from out of state and several shooters pile out those are usually not D or C class shooters.;) At one match last year I think there was 7 or 8 GM's, that is about as many as a AREA shoot.
    I find a better guide of how I shot is the % of the overall score. This will very with the stages and who the top shooters are but I shoot for 50%-65% of the top shooter. I know that is comparing a revolver to a open or limited gun but it gives me a idea how I did.
    I think you doing great as a shooter that just started a few month ago. And as a former match director I really think it is special when someone gets into the sport and is willing to help as much as you have.:yesway:

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Bosshoss is right Dan, A bad day shooting is always better than to have not shot at all. I shot bad and had to listen to my kid all the way home telling me how bad I shot. Then before he went to school today he reminded me how bad I shot. I still had the best time shooting than I've had for along time. I will deal with the kid later!!!!!!!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Bosshoss is right Dan, A bad day shooting is always better than to have not shot at all. I shot bad and had to listen to my kid all the way home telling me how bad I shot. Then before he went to school today he reminded me how bad I shot. I still had the best time shooting than I've had for along time. I will deal with the kid later!!!!!!!

Brian this surprises me as Collin SEEMS like a nice kid. This needs nipped in the bud fast. There are a couple of things wrong here first lets deal with Collin.
    Ground him:): If that won't fly distract him, I suggest dirt bikes or four wheelers. If he is set on shooting make him shoot a different class something that requires a lot of reloads like production or single stack. I don't think revolver would be a good match for him though.(See what I did there:D).
    Second you have to work on your excuses. I mean come on Collin your dad broke his scope half way thru the match and still finished the match. See how easy that is Brian.

By the way nice match Collin.;)

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Dan I have shot some terrible matches but always had more fun than staying home:D.
    It was a tough match with a big crowd and a lot of good shooters.
    My goal with the revolver is to finish middle of the pack or better(overall).
    At Silver Creek that rarely happens as they have squads of shooter from 2+ hours away show up. For the most part when a couple of vehicles show up from out of state and several shooters pile out those are usually not D or C class shooters.;) At one match last year I think there was 7 or 8 GM's, that is about as many as a AREA shoot.
    I find a better guide of how I shot is the % of the overall score. This will very with the stages and who the top shooters are but I shoot for 50%-65% of the top shooter. I know that is comparing a revolver to a open or limited gun but it gives me a idea how I did.
    I think you doing great as a shooter that just started a few month ago. And as a former match director I really think it is special when someone gets into the sport and is willing to help as much as you have.:yesway:

Thanks Paul. I do enjoy it so.

I like helping Dave out. He's a great guy and has really helped me starting out.

In fact, if it was not for him, I would have not tried USPSA.

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Great advice Bosshoss!! I need more people harassing him during the matches. He and I have a good time picking on each other about the matches. I've just been making it to easy for him to pick at me. I think
    If I threaten him with the revolver ideal he will want to take me up on it. I can't afford that. He already watches Jerry M shoot revolver on TV over and over and over.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Great advice Bosshoss!! I need more people harassing him during the matches. He and I have a good time picking on each other about the matches. I've just been making it to easy for him to pick at me. I think
    If I threaten him with the revolver ideal he will want to take me up on it. I can't afford that. He already watches Jerry M shoot revolver on TV over and over and over.

I still think putting him in a trash can would be a good idea :D

Top Bottom