• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Yea it would be a ton of fun, but doesn't fulfill the ideas set out to accomplish.

Glock - $600
    optic- $300-400
    Light- $200
    grip work- $300
    mags- $100-?
    trigger job- $200

looks a lot like a used open gun

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Gun $550
    Minor pf/factory ammo. (Cheap to load or buy.)
    Grip work on gun pictured, $180.
    Factory mags 5x$25=$125
    Trigger job on a Glock, $.25

There is nothing about this sport that is cheap!

Hell the open gun I want is $5k.

I am just saying, that there is a place for a Tac-Production division in USPSA. And while we all can have our own opinions on what it could be, I say make the guns reflect what is soon becoming the "norm", or atleast what could be the norm.

Slide mounted RDS.
    Mounted weapon light.
    Holster with retention.
    Allow some grip work and a low-profile magwell.
    Keep the 10rd limit, but maybe consider allowing extended base pads?

I am just throwing out some ideas.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    make it a division and throw the 10 round limit out. It is stupid in production and it would be worse in this division. drop L10 and bring this division.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I think we need a division in which Hi-points are competitive. And another one in which HKs might have a chance too.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Don't dilute the pool any more than it is. If we keep creating new divisions so we can all have a place to win, does that victory really mean anything? Don't wanna get your ass kicked in open.... Maybe try practicing.... Or developing a stronger sense of self esteem.... I can't beat Tony Canaan in a F1 car, so should I create a new division for bone stock Chevy Aveos? Or just accept that I won't be an F1 world champion?
    If you want to shoot your production gun with an optic, go for it, that's welcome in open class. If you don't like minor scoring, then shoot all Alphas. Sevigny won the Limited Nationals with a production legal G35, this idea that a custom built 2011 is the only gun that can win has been disproved a number of times.

Who said it was about creating a division so someone would have a place to win?
    I would guess 75% of the shooters at a club level match never even heard of Sevigny.
    I would guess they could care less about what kind of gun he won the nationals with.
    I would guess those same people wouldn't give a crap about how many shoot what division at level 2 and above matches because they don't, won't or have any desire to shoot a bigger match.
    I know those 75% are the backbone of the sport and where most of the money that is generated comes from.

Besides, it wouldn't effect you in open class, so why should you care one way or another...

Kevin I have to say that it should matter to everyone what happens in all divisions.
    I had several people tell me that they didn't care about the Revolver rule change because they didn't shoot revolver.
    Those of us that do/did shoot revolver had questions and reservations about how the rule change would be implemented.
    We whined and posted on several forums about the ripples that would affect all divisions but no one cared because "it didn't affect them" and we were just whining( and we were:):).
    The rule went into affect and 19 classifiers were dropped to "EVEN" the playing field for the new revolver rules.
    The forums went wild with people upset about the changes that this caused and how it was going to affect USPSA from here on out.
    USPSA under pressure from the membership reinstated the classifiers and made a mess of Revolver division.
    Yes we should pay attention to what happens in other divisions.

Yea it would be a ton of fun, but doesn't fulfill the ideas set out to accomplish.

Glock - $600
    optic- $300-400
    Light- $200
    grip work- $300
    mags- $100-?
    trigger job- $200

looks a lot like a used open gun

Mike how is this much different than the production rules($$$) we have now?
    Drop the light off as it doesn't fit in production. Yes the optic will add to the cost of a production rig but most shooters also replace the stock sights on a production gun also so that is maybe $100 dollars so the optic is $200-$300(using your numbers) more than a production gun.
    Used open guns are not as easy to find for sale or not as easy to sell, if you don't like it, as the number of them out there is fairly low. They are harder to get and keep running and are flirting with disaster with the high pressure loads.
    Mags require more tuning to work and keep working.
    When they are working they are a rush to shoot.
    A lot of shooters don't want to deal with all that goes with getting and keeping a open gun running. But a production gun with a optic would be much easier and less intimidating to try and see if a optic is the way to go for them.

DO we need another division?
    Did we need production? I'm sure when Production was first brought before the membership that a lot of people said that these guns are already legal in limited so why do we need a division for them?
    Production has been a huge success and it has helped USPSA grow.
    I don't know but production optic or Lim/10 optic sounds like fun.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    It will definetly be fun, but again it won't accomplish the intents described here. I really don't care either way, they can come up with 50 new divisions and it won't bother me any, but adding new divisions for each possible set up, isn't going to do anything but water down the competition.

Top Bottom