• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I know, why would anyone want to shoot a revolver is USPSA. I really like wheel guns and find they are a hoot to shoot.:draw:

Are 8 shot revolvers permitted in the USPSA Revolver division. I tried to look in the rule book, and it said no limit on number of rounds in the gun, but mandatory reload after 6 shots.
    That is very confusing. If anyone knows the answer or could elaborate on the rule, I would appreciate your input.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    As it stands, you can shoot an 8 rd Amish gun, but if you fire 7+, welcome to open.

Theres a movement to allow 8rd wheelies with minor scoring. I don't know if or when it will pass though.

ETA: most 8 rd Amish guns are legal in production, and you can shoot all 8, FWIW.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    As Rob said, they can be run now shooting six.

But, as I understand it, the BOD is meeting this month to decide whether or not to allow 8 shot guns in, shooting 8 minor. Everything looks like it's going to be approved.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    As Rob said, they can be run now shooting six.

But, as I understand it, the BOD is meeting this month to decide whether or not to allow 8 shot guns in, shooting 8 minor. Everything looks like it's going to be approved.

That's good news. It'd be nice to have USPSA as a good excuse to pick up the 627 or 327 I've wanted for awhile.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    IMO allowing 8 rnds in Amish division will obsolete 6 rnd wheelies overnight, even w. minor points. My only wheelie only holds 5 and doesn't get used in the games, so I don't really care, but I bet a lot of folks will be needing new hardware to stay competitive......

-rvb

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    I suggest you bring your wheelgun out and join us. Everyone has pretty much summed up the rules. I have a great time shooting revolver division.
    -Bob-

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...My only wheelie only holds 5 and doesn't get used in the games, so I don't really care...
    Mine too, but this might encourage an additional 8 shot deer revolver that doubles as a comp gun. A little incentive to learn to better run them both?

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    I could be mistaken but I think the 8 shot revolver can be shot in any USPSA division.

Further reading on the possible 8 minor change if interested:

Approved for member review... - Revolver Forum - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If USPSA does approve 8 shot minor... - Revo Nation

This is correct, 8 shot (7 shot as well) may be shot in any USPSA division except single stack. You can find a few now that shoot in limited 10 &/or production so they can use all 8 shots. Production you can not have the any external mods done though, so if your hammer is bobbed got to go revo, L10, Lim, or Open. Open and revo division are the only ones you can shoot a 627/327 with major power factor though.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Scott Fish shots at Revolver in Production at the WVPPS matches and always does quite well. he tries to make Production shooters feel bad about themselves and is pretty good at that.

Top Bottom