• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gander Mountain in Fort Wayne frequently offers courses for the Utah permit. Florida will accept any course by an NRA certified instructor. Most gun shops and ranges will have contact numbers for NRA instructors.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    All of the NRA courses that involve range time fulfill the training requirement. I offer many that do, except for Refuse To Be A Victim and Home Firearm Safety. You can visit my webpage www.TrainToBeSafe.com for more information.

Per Florida law 790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.— here are the training qualifications (there are other qualifications of course):
    1.Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
    2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
    3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
    4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
    5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
    6. Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause; or
    7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;

Click here for more information on the Florida requirements and for instructions.

In order to teach a Utah class, a person now has to go to Utah and become certified. I think this is fairly new so there are some people who were certified prior to this new rule and were "grandfathered" in. For a list including those in Indiana, click here.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Bondhead88,

A better and cheaper route would be to get UT and AZ non resident permits. The AZ permit will get you NM and NV (I know that you did not ask about NV, but I threw that in). I used my UT permit for AZ training requirement. My AZ permit took about 4 weeks from door to door.
    It $60 for 5 years and cheaper for the renewal. Contact info (800) 256-6280. They are really friendly and will send out the info packet that day....

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Bondhead88,

A better and cheaper route would be to get UT and AZ non resident permits. The AZ permit will get you NM and NV (I know that you did not ask about NV, but I threw that in). I used my UT permit for AZ training requirement. My AZ permit took about 4 weeks from door to door.
    It $60 for 5 years and cheaper for the renewal. Contact info (800) 256-6280. They are really friendly and will send out the info packet that day....

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

This what I did also. Much cheaper than Florida. One of my coworkers just received his AZ permit. Total turn around time was three weeks.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    There was a post about a Utah Instructor in Kokomo, Dave Andrews, in a previous post in "Training". I have taken his Utah course.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Indy Gun Safety offers the Utah course, which ALSO meets the requirement for a Florida license.

Our next course is January 14th in Indianapolis. It's a 4 hour course and the cost is $100.

We also offer a variety of NRA courses including Instructor courses. Please contact me if we can help!

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    You can take the online Indiana DNR Hunter's course, pay a fee, and have your certificate in 15 minutes. The online course is a bit challenging, so I'd study a bit if you don't participate in some of the categories (bow hunting, for example.) I did this for my FL non-res.

Top Bottom