• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I thought that ALL of the Starving Lawyers made their Millions after becoming Elected Politicians :rolleyes:

Hmmmm... I can think off the top of my head of two Indiana state senators who attended law school after they were elected senator. Maybe you have to get elected to federal office to make the big time, though? :):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, but remind me again how purely intrastate actions are regulated under the interstate commerce clause. That never really made sense to me.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Yeah, but remind me again how purely intrastate actions are regulated under the interstate commerce clause. That never really made sense to me.

Um, the [STRIKE]sleeping [/STRIKE]or [STRIKE]tired [/STRIKE]or hidden commerce clause and raising your own grain or something like that, I think....

That is a perfect example of when the justices are making decisions functionally instead of legally. Like how Obamacare became a "tax" instead of an impermissible expansion of federal regulation?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Um, the [STRIKE]sleeping [/STRIKE]or [STRIKE]tired [/STRIKE]or hidden commerce clause and raising your own grain or something like that, I think....

That is a perfect example of when the justices are making decisions functionally instead of legally. Like how Obamacare became a "tax" instead of an impermissible expansion of federal regulation?
    When you end an observation with a question mark, it doesn't sound right in my head. I mean, in my head?

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    The highest bar passage rates are not Ivy League schools. the top 4 are:

Univ. of Wisc.
    Marquette
    Univ. of South Dakota, and
    Baylor.

Harvard comes in #5

Other Ivy league:

#7 Columbia
    #8 Yale
    #10 Univ. of Pa.
    #21 Cornell

Stanford doesn't crack the top 25.

Honestly, I'm convinced that if I studied full time for a couple of months, I could easily have passed the bar without law school. Maybe a state or two still allow that.

Getting into the "right" law school is all about the "right" undergrad, the "right" high school...going back to the "right" pre-school. One wonders how anyone with a family that focused on a child's success could produce anything but "winners"....but then there's the student himself.

I highly doubt that the instruction at upper echelon schools is of an appreciably better quality than anywhere else. However, they have the luxury of only accepting the students that they predict will be successful.

How hard would it be to put together a great basketball team if there were hundreds of thousands of people trying out and you and only a couple of other schools got first pick and everyone else had to wait until you made your choices?

Pick the smart, hard working kids and the rankings will follow, though every school, everywhere probably has a few stars in them that got overlooked because they went to a smaller undergrad or some such thing.

Just curious what year(s) that ranking was drawn from. I graduated from the University of South Dakota Law School in 2015, out of a class of about 60. SD's bar applicant rates are generally <100, and as I recall there was around a 50% passage rate in SD for the July '15 test (I took Indiana's exam). That being said, SD does their bar exam differently. You can pass one portion (essay or multiple choice) but not the other, and the apply for the next round and only need to take the portion failed. Whereas IN requires you to pass both sections in one sitting. Depending on what they count, this might account for and artificially high passage rate, as the SD essay portion is generally much easier to pass than the nationally formulated multiple choice.

Top Bottom