• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    I picked up a couple of old Remington 22 rifles recently, and curious as to their value?

First is a Remington model 24, as near as I can tell, with a low 4 digit serial number on the bottom of the barrel, and no model 24 markings anywhere else on the gun. Some poor sap drilled and tapped it for a scope mount. Dang...no respect! 22 short only sparked my interest in this one!

Second is a Remington model 33, single shot, bolt action. Little dirty, has some scuffs and paint markings, but appears to be otherwise original! Just looked neat, so I bought it too! I know.....my friends say I have issues! LOL

Here are some pics. Please give me some advice as to whether I should keep these fine jewels, or try to move them on down the road.

There was also a Stevens 887 semi auto 22 without a safety. Unsure of age, but looks like a truck "beater" gun. No safety sparked some interest on that one.

Pics to follow, once I figure it out! LOL

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    album.php
    album.php
    here goes nuttin' !
    album.php
    album.php
    album.php
    album.php
    album.php
    album.php

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well they're either 1942s or 1964s.

I'm not too well versed on the remington serial numbers. I have a 74' model 514 myself that's been stored in oil and a soft case all its life, only seen a few shots. Kinda curious what it's up to even though I wouldn't let go of it.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Hmmm. according to the remington site, the 24 would have been built between 1922 and 1935 and the model 33 was built between 1932 & 1935 . The curious thing on the 24 is the fact it isn't marked as a 24 but looks exactly like one and the serial number in the low 8000's sort of confirms an early build to me? Would that make sense?

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    My Grandmother packed a Model 24. She was a small woman. My Grandfather bought it new for her many years ago. I can't remember now if it was pre-war or not.
    Another family member got it. I would like to have it myself.

Top Bottom