• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Having been in a wreck where my knees did a pretty good job of thrashing the underside of my steering column, along with the underside of the dash, I'd be awfully shy about putting a gun there. Some awfully sharp and pointy things on the gun to poke into your knee with considerable force.

I would like to find something to mount to the back wall of the cab of my truck, below the level of the seat back so it would be out of sight. Might think on that. More of a "storage" solution than a "carry" solution, though, I reckon.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've pondered this question numerous times; even sitting in my car with a pistol trying to figure out what might work best, for me. I've decided having a holster or carrier fixed to the bottom, front of the seat cushion, beneath my knees, would be a handy location.

I've even gone so far as to draw up a plan for a seat cover, that goes over the front edge of the seat with a pocket for a pistol. The flaw is the pistol can get caught up in the fabric of the pocket. I'd like to figure out how to attach a holster to the vertical front of the seat. It would be even better if the holster could be detachable.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    They do make a holster which puts your pistol between your knees, right on the front of the seat. Don't remember who makes it, but I thought it looked pretty good. Not really something you'd bang into in a crash, drawing as simple as reaching between your knees... pretty much invisible from outside the car...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    They do make a holster which puts your pistol between your knees, right on the front of the seat. Don't remember who makes it, but I thought it looked pretty good. Not really something you'd bang into in a crash, drawing as simple as reaching between your knees... pretty much invisible from outside the car...

It's called the Kingston, by DeSantis.

My review of the DeSantis Kingston Handgun CAR HOLSTER -- *PICTURES* - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

DSC02723.jpg

More pics at the above link.

Joz86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    NWI-Lowell
    I drive an older Integra, but I was easily able to mount a holster and spare mag pouch inside of my driver side door panel storage area. The panel is deep and wide enough that I can easily reach my Glock and it is still concealed. This works out well especially since I am a lefty :)

Top Bottom