• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a Verona SX405 and this thing eats the O-ring seal and will leave melted residue on the magazine tube. I have two questions. One is, does the Remington 1100 O-ring fit this gun? Because the one from Verona is harder to find. And the second question is, do they make a O-ring that is rated for high temp? Or am I totally missing something all together? :dunno:

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    If you know the size O rind you can probably get it at a Hardware store or online. you can get a Viton O ring and it will probably hold up. we use them on scuba tanks for high pressure. BTW I have a sx405 with poly stock,brand new never fired. I been meaning to sell it but it aint sold yet. How long you had yours and how much have you shot it? Just wondering if I keep mine or not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I use it for skeet and trap and shoot between 150 to 200 hundred rounds through it each time I go out, which is probably twice a month. I have owned it for only 3 months, but I bought it off a friend that I shoot with, and he had it for about a year, and also shot it about twice a month with the same number of rounds. I took the o' ring to a hardware store and the problem was with the o' ring thickness that we could not match up. I did end up buying one for an Rem. 1100 and it appears to fit and cycle jut fine. But I'm still melting them down, and it seems to make the magazine tube tacky and I will intermittently not cycle the next round. I want to find something rated high temp to eliminate the melting.

Top Bottom