• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I live in a quiet area. We've never had a shooting close to us. I received a frantic call from my wife two days ago about witnessing a shooting in progress. She was in a parking lot (engine stopped) for a drug store and one individual decided to shoot at another. She dropped (with her weapon) and crawled to the front of her car as to put the engine block between her and the shooter. She kept safe and waited until the shooter took off. The individual being shot at wasn't injured. We've gone over scenarios before but I'm extremely proud that she was able to think clearly while actual shots were being fired. In addition, the police officers that took the report were excellent.

Very proud of wife!

edit: the individual being shot AT

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'd be proud of my wife if she knew what an engine block was, and which end to find it under.:laugh:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Congratulate her on her situational awareness. Point of order though..." The individual being shot wasn't injured." indicates the person was only being shot at. :):

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The ability to keep one's wits under pressure is a virtue that not all people have. Hopefully the rest of us would do as well. Personally, I hope I never find out.

:thumbsup:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Kudos. Good time to praise for what was done right and use as a teachable moment for things upon which to improve.

Was she crowding her cover?

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Kudos. Good time to praise for what was done right and use as a teachable moment for things upon which to improve.

Was she crowding her cover?

She was a bit. The car isn't too tall, so she was fairly close to it. I'm just happy she's OK and that she performed admirably. I'm also angry that someone thought it was fine to open fire around my wife...that'll pass with time I'm sure.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No problemo. I didn't mean to be a grammar NAZI but it seemed to be a non sequitur to me.

Also, it should never be okay to have someone open fire around your wife, it should never pass with time...she should shoot back. :draw:

I'd rather know if I forgot a word than not, so thanks to those who said something. She was prepared to defend her life if necessary. The shooter never shot in her direction, thankfully. After shooting, he got in a vehicle and drove away. If he had approached my wife's car to eliminate the (only) witness, the ending would have been different. It's unfortunate that my wife had to experience this. Again, I'm so proud of her for her choices and being prepared to defend herself.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'd rather know if I forgot a word than not, so thanks to those who said something. She was prepared to defend her life if necessary. The shooter never shot in her direction, thankfully. After shooting, he got in a vehicle and drove away. If he had approached my wife's car to eliminate the (only) witness, the ending would have been different. It's unfortunate that my wife had to experience this. Again, I'm so proud of her for her choices and being prepared to defend herself.

Good for her, glad all is well. As a side note there is a good video on YouTube about using a car for cover, it shares a lot of good info. Again glad all is well.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Taking cover is not overrated. It's hard to return fire if you're pre-ventilated. There's a reason it's the first thing we yelled when we heard incoming fire.

Top Bottom