• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have been thinking about joining the local VFW for a while. The thought resurrected when I received an invitation to speak to my daughter's high school on Veteran's Day.

Are there any members of a VFW in the Camby/Moorseville area? If so, what are the requirements, dues, etc.?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Meh, I was a VFW member for a couple of years but it sort of got old pretty quick.

Maybe there just wasn't enough wimminz to hold my interest ...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Meh, I was a VFW member for a couple of years but it sort of got old pretty quick.

Maybe there just wasn't enough wimminz to hold my interest ...

I know some people that have gotten tired of it fairly quickly because its the old guys that go for coffee (which they actually really liked), mostly middle aged and some younger guys that pretty much joined so they have someone to drink with (even though they can't stand each other), and a couple of various ages that were desk jockeys (not anything wrong with that) that are trying to build up their military careers. Probably really varies by post but a couple locally do very little for the community and very little for members in need.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sepe, thanks for the info. I applied for membership-at-large and will look into transferring after my application is approved.

Top Bottom