• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Somebody had a really cheep GoPro knockoff at the FW practice last night. (sorry I am bad with names )
    I was wondering what the name of that was so I can get one to record my shooting so hopefully I can get better ( Lord knows I need it )

Thanks

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Thanks!
    I did go to Menards and didn't see any. I did some comical filming on my phone yesterday, but the wind made sure I got great shots of the pretty blue sky!

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Anyone else have any suggestions? I can't find the ones that were at Menards. I did some cell phone recording and posted it to youtube, but figuring out how to hold that thing up when I am practicing by myself is a pain is the arse. I don't want to spend a ton of money, I'm still working on getting set up for 3gun.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yea, that was me. The ones I had were Sharper Image Action Cams. I think Menards was closing them out which is why they were so cheap. Not near as good as a go pro, but i wont be afraid of setting one up down range either :)

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Yea, that was me. The ones I had were Sharper Image Action Cams. I think Menards was closing them out which is why they were so cheap. Not near as good as a go pro, but i wont be afraid of setting one up down range either :)
    Thank you Sir!
    Are you happy with the quality of the videos?
    I just want it good enough to record my practices so I can have others look at it to give me ideas on improving.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thats the exact one! It seemed to do ok on the brief testing I gave it. Im gonna try to remember one of them Sunday and get it set up on a tripod down range to get a little different view to see how it works. The field of view on them is pretty terrible I know that. I had to set it up like 12-15 feet away from me o get my whole body into the frame.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I have a Tachyon HD that I record all my matches and hunts with. Not sure how much it costs, my mom got it for my birthday, but I love it. It comes with a picatinny mount, scope mount, and hat clip. I don't have any videos from it that I can put on here, but I'm thoroughly impressed with it. The only thing is I wish it was waterproof.

Top Bottom