• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Today in the field--I saw a video camera--that a gentleman had on his head--he said that this was his second year to record his bird hunting---being a dog trainer,he said he could set at home with an adult beverage and watch his dogs working---

I have two old hunting buddies that are now in nursing homes---unable to hunt anymore----I think it would be great to record some of my hunts and let them watch the hunts.....

ok,here is the problem(for me)-------------what is the camera called? where to find it??----any idea of cost???

Thanks for any help

Tallend

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Pretty sure it would be a gopro. They just came out with a low cost alternative too. It's just called the HERO. I've got the Hero 3+ and it takes great video and stills. Standard Battery life is lacking, but there is an upgrade for it. You can even get a ton of different mounts, including a chest mount.

On that note, does anyone here have the new GoPro 4? Is it worth upgrading from the 3+ Black edition?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pretty sure it would be a gopro. They just came out with a low cost alternative too. It's just called the HERO. I've got the Hero 3+ and it takes great video and stills. Standard Battery life is lacking, but there is an upgrade for it. You can even get a ton of different mounts, including a chest mount.

On that note, does anyone here have the new GoPro 4? Is it worth upgrading from the 3+ Black edition?
    i have the Hero4 Black, but haven't played with it yet (wife says wait til Christmas), but a friend says they are amazing!

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    There are now several brands of video cameras besides GoPro. Walmart carries several models, including an off-name brand designed primarily for kids, about $40-50. That one isn't designed for extreme sports, but should be fine for capturing a hunt.

Top Bottom