• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyfowler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Any issues getting the forms signed for NFA purchases in Vigo County with Ewing as sheriff? I am new to the class 3 game and am interested in a SBR and a suppressor.

Also, what are the steps that I need to go through in order to get this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I can't help you with the sign-off information, but as for the steps for getting the SBR and can, take a look at the FAQ or Beginners Perspective thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    In the past Marvel was NO problem. I would be in and out in 10 minutes, finger printed, and CLEO sign off, with out even talking to him.

Ive asked Ewing about signing off on forms, and I dont think you will have any issues. Ive got a couple of form 1s I need to get signed in the near future. So hopefully Ill have a better answer for you on that.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    I am also interested in hearing anyone's experiences in dealing with Greg Ewing as sheriff. I've been silencer shopping for WAY too long.

On a side note, I recently sent in my notification required when applying for 03FFL. I didn't receive any feedback from him or the sheriff's dept even though I attached my phone # and email address on a cover sheet.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I've had him sign off a couple of months ago on some. No problems. I actually had a really good conversation with him at the time as well. Same procedure as before. Went in, receptionist took the paperwork and sent me to an officer to be finger printed. Once the prints were completed, I picked up my signed paperwork on the way out the door. I then saw the sheriff at his desk so I stopped to thank him.

Top Bottom