• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    What is the definition of a “proper person” to be licensed?
    35-47-1-7 Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who: (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44-3-3
    within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter; (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been
    sentenced for more than one (1) year; (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in
    IC 35-41-1-6.3), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 3-7-13-5;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun;
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    (6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    (7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;
    (8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;
    (9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's application; or
    (10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age.

If I had to guess, this would disqualify him.

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Is one of those convictions for a domestic violence misdemeanor? If it is then that means he can't even own a firearm, due to the Lautenberg Amendment. What were his convictions for?

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Cruelty to animals? Your relative sounds like a terrible human being who deserves no respect. Even still, no person should be barred from owning a firearm.

I doubt they'll give him a license though.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Cruelty to animals? Your relative sounds like a terrible human being who deserves no respect.

Our justice system lets child molesters walk, labels 18yr-male/17yr-female couple a sex offender, and considers name calling assault.

We all love animals, but lets get a few facts before you turn outright rude.
    :twocents:

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Our justice system lets child molesters walk, labels 18yr-male/17yr-female couple a sex offender, and considers name calling assault.

We all love animals, but lets get a few facts before you turn outright rude.
    :twocents:

You can gather as many facts as you want. I'll go ahead and speak my mind. I dont care what you consider rude.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is name calling really considered assault here?

What kind of names? The standard MF etc? Or racial type slurs?

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I don't think the kid has any business owning a firearm with his background but that's not the question. He lives in a metropolitan area and if civil unrest happens he needs to be able to defend his family. He wants to apply for his permit to carry but I wasn't sure if there was any point to doing so.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I guess the common sense thing to do is for him to apply! I would say for the less expensive license so if they keep the non-refundable portion it won't be as much. I really don't understand why someone would put it out here instead of just applying and finding out straight from the state, then everyone on here would have no clue about prior convictions. Just my two pennies.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't think the kid has any business owning a firearm with his background but that's not the question. He lives in a metropolitan area and if civil unrest happens he needs to be able to defend his family. He wants to apply for his permit to carry but I wasn't sure if there was any point to doing so.

He can still own a gun and keep it in the house. No permit needed for that.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I guess the common sense thing to do is for him to apply! I would say for the less expensive license so if they keep the non-refundable portion it won't be as much. I really don't understand why someone would put it out here instead of just applying and finding out straight from the state, then everyone on here would have no clue about prior convictions. Just my two pennies.

It is public record unless you have lots and lots of money so it doesn't really matter.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    "3 convictions for violence including cruelty to animals "

hmmm, as I read that I can see 2 misdo/viol plus 1 cru-to-anim.
    I'm surprised you still call him a relative...
    Introduce him to the burley generator thieves and lets see who comes out on top.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Speaking of getting facts straight......

In Indiana, there are hundreds of child molesters sitting in prison who didn't "walk."

The age of consent for sexual activity is 16 years old, so your 18/17 year old "sex offender" label is fiction.

There is no such criminal charge as "assault" in Indiana, and the battery statute does not include name calling.

As far as getting an LTCH with 3 convictions for violent acts, even though they are misdemeanors, I'd say he shouldn't waste his time. But hey, if he's already a criminal, why does he need an LTCH? What difference would one more misdemeanor make? When he does something stupid and violent again, at least he won't be lumped in with actual law-abiding citizens.

There you go throwing around facts again...:rolleyes:

Stop it. You're making us look less paranoid... :D

Top Bottom