• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adamska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    I feel really bad for posting this but I never cared about politics until recently. When is the elections? Who is pro firearm? I'm still young but feel bad being I never really cared about voting. and this will be my first time so just wanted to know when and who is the best to vote for freedom wise. Thank you for your time.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That's something nobody can tell you, you gotta figure it out yourself, otherwise, your just a trained monkey. You obviously have internet access, do some reading, and make up your own mind.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Visit any number of threads here on INGO about the subject. Who you want to vote for depends on your philosophy and who best matches it and your desires. Pro-gun isn't the only issue for many people and we look at a broad range of issues. You could try Project Vote Smart for an over view of the candidates. That's a good place to start.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thank you for your awakened interest. It's good to see people, young or old, becoming politically active. It can seem daunting at first... there is a LOT of information to sift through and there is a large absence of information in some places you'll want it.

Look at candidates' past speeches, past votes if any, with whom they associate, and how the interest groups rank them. Of note, the NRA is not always the best ranking to go by for 2A issues... This time, they're endorsing Ellsworth, when Rebecca Sink-Burris is a much better choice, IMHO. Consider your own positions when evaluating the candidates, and remember that what they say is far less important than what they've done.

I will not tell you how to vote. I will offer a thought in the above and one other race:

In the vote for Secretary of State, a party will be on the ballot if their candidate receives 2% or more of the votes cast for that office. The two big parties are shoo-ins for that, but the Libertarian Party could really use the help. If you would like to see a choice other than those two, please consider this fact when you mark your ballot for Secretary of State. The Libertarian candidate for that office is Mike Wherry. Again, please do not take this as me telling you how to vote as that is not my intention. I would like to have more choices, not fewer, but you may see things differently. More knowledge will never hurt you as a voter in political matters.

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's not true that everyone should vote. We don't have a responsibility to vote, we have a responsibility to make an INFORMED vote. If you don't do the first part, please don't do the second. It just cancels the vote of someone else who did a citizen's work. No short cuts.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I applaud your interest in politics.

It always amazes me that someone WOULDN'T be interested in politics as it affects every part of our life...literally.

If anyone can show me a part of life that isn't affected by government, you could knock me over with a feather.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I didn't see this in any of the posts above. Elections are Tuesday. Make sure you know which station to go to in order to cast your vote. Contact your County Clerk if you are not sure. Have your ID with you. Go early as opposed to late in case there is a line.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I didn't see this in any of the posts above. Elections are Tuesday. Make sure you know which station to go to in order to cast your vote. Contact your County Clerk if you are not sure. Have your ID with you. Go early as opposed to late in case there is a line.
    If you're in Indiana it should be listed on your voter registration card.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side

If you're in Indiana it should be listed on your voter registration card.

This link can help you confirm that you are in fact registered to vote and tell you exactly where to go vote.

https://indianavoters.in.gov/PublicSite/Public/FT1/PublicLookupMain.aspx?Link=Polling

Edit: It also can show you who is on the ballot for you to vote for, to assist in your research.

Top Bottom