• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I wrote a very long and detailed review of my experience with my new VTAC 9 M&P, then I posted and it said I wasn't signed in. So here's a short and to the point recap of what I couldn't post...Pistol is good, FDE finish thus far good, sights take getting use to lining up 6 dots, trigger reset needs work, buy one if interested. :n00b::n00b::n00b:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I wrote a very long and detailed review of my experience with my new VTAC 9 M&P, then I posted and it said I wasn't signed in. So here's a short and to the point recap of what I couldn't post...Pistol is good, FDE finish thus far good, sights take getting use to lining up 6 dots, trigger reset needs work, buy one if interested. :n00b::n00b::n00b:

I personally can't stand the VTAC sights. I love the FDE look, but being that I don't like the sights, and the finish on the slide is notorious for wearing quickly if carried, I'd opt for the Cabela's special edition if I was in the market.

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm Flat Dark Earth Carry and Range Kit

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I'm not real concerned about the wear, I have a M&P 40c that I carried so long the bluing is pretty beat. I kinda like the worn/heavy use look. If the FDE hits a point that it's that bad, I'll just have it redone. I like the sights just takes a little getting use to. I looked at the FDE range kit, I contacted S&W about getting the slide done in FDE with normal sights but it was a no go.

Top Bottom