• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Well the weekend has arrived. After getting some work done this morning and the afternoon closed in on the weekend, I headed into the shop and I managed to both 40 and 41 to 90%. Still waiting on my sheath supplies, so I can finish the current run, but it was nice to see these two close to completion along with 39.

IMG_6569_large.jpg

Well this is probably the largest gather of my work that has been on one place at one time ever. Mainly I've been building them in recent weeks to ensure the new website has content for those who are not on the forums or facebook. Also this is allowing me to run out my current stock of materials. Hopefully UPS and Fedex come though and I can finish these in the coming week.

IMG_6561_large.jpg

No. 41, G.P.K. in Walnut Burl.

IMG_6562_large.jpg

No. 40 G.P.K. in Walnut.

IMG_6563_large.jpg

No. 39, G.P.K. in Walnut.

IMG_6564_large.jpg

No. 37, S.P.K. in Black/Red Micarta.

IMG_6565_large.jpg

No. 38, Slicer in Curly Koa.

IMG_6566_large.jpg

Also got started on another S.W.K. which marks 42 in the journey.

IMG_6568_large.jpg

Not to be content in the shop, I also managed to till the garden. Looks about 3 times bigger than last year. Since the move caused us to get a late start last season, it's nice to get going in early march instead of late June.

IMG_6570_large.jpg

Forgot about this piece of Black/Orange G10, so since the last on turned out so nice in a layered scale, looks like this one will be a nice choice.

IMG_6572_large.jpg

A very cool thing to see was the owner of No. 4, posted a photo of it to the Facebook today. It was cool to see one of the original first 5 after nearly a year of daily carry and use. Humbling to see.. Thanks for the continued support and encouragement everyone.

11042995_10153120780609712_4096315304631938698_n_large.jpg

The weekend has begun! ? JG Knives & Tools

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Thanks Guys!

Well after an evening cycle of normalizing, heat treat and two tempering cycles no. 42 is ready for cleaning up and finishing. Side "A" to 220 grit.

IMG_6576_large.jpg

The "B" side of No. 42. I'll end this one at 400 I think.

IMG_6579_large.jpg

The layered G10 is always a "meh" until it gets sanded down, but the rough cut of this prior to epoxying them to the blade looked pretty cool, mellow colors that contrasted well.

IMG_6580_large.jpg

Well this is far as I am taking this one for the time being, it's stuck "waiting for sheath materials" like the others for now.

IMG_6588_large.jpg

Another shot of No. 42.

IMG_6589_large.jpg

Up next are some B.T.K. models. Last one I made, I didn't take pics of it before it was sent off to the customer. It was used at the Pathfinder School for the Basics Class and I worked fast to make sure it made it in time for the student, so this time I'll be sure to take more pics of the WIP.

IMG_6595_large.jpg

So back when someone asked me for an wharncliffe type knife I wasn't sure how to tackle it. After talking more with those who asked, it made sense to take the S.P.K. and invert it. Here are the two models side by side. I've not made them in tandem or close to each models runs to have them in hand at the same time, so this was a good opportunity to show the two along side each other.

IMG_6599_large.jpg

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Nice. I was wondering why you had so many at one time. It's hard to bid up an inventory like that when you build them one at a time by hand.

It's a double edged sword, but the web page is getting some good content.

I like #4!

No. 4 is what is no the O.G.K. and seeing this one has me wanting to do another one but with with a full flat grind our of 3/16 like the original 2.... Soon.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I love the look of your knives bud. I also just ordered a bunch of holster stuff from diyholster. Good company, and I got my stuff today when I ordered Tuesday. Not bad turnaround on a pretty sizable order. :)

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I love the look of your knives bud. I also just ordered a bunch of holster stuff from diyholster. Good company, and I got my stuff today when I ordered Tuesday. Not bad turnaround on a pretty sizable order. :)

I've got Kydex for days and such right now. Leather is what I am waiting on. DIYHolster.com are good folks.

Those are amazing! Nice work. If one were interested in buying a knife, how would that happen? Do you have a web site, or a shop they are sold at?

jgknives.com

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The layered G10 is always a "meh" until it gets sanded down, but the rough cut of this prior to epoxying them to the blade looked pretty cool, mellow colors that contrasted well.

Well this is far as I am taking this one for the time being, it's stuck "waiting for sheath materials" like the others for now.

So back when someone asked me for an wharncliffe type knife I wasn't sure how to tackle it. After talking more with those who asked, it made sense to take the S.P.K. and invert it. Here are the two models side by side. I've not made them in tandem or close to each models runs to have them in hand at the same time, so this was a good opportunity to show the two along side each other.

I believe rhino was the first to make the suggestion and you've done an excellent job with the execution! Well done!

No. 4 is what is no the O.G.K. and seeing this one has me wanting to do another one but with with a full flat grind our of 3/16 like the original 2.... Soon.

I like the slicey full flat grinds! I also like the handle style on #4. It may not actually work as well as the O.G.K. handle, but it looks cool... kind of old timey.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I just went to your web site. The knives and axes all say sold out. Any idea when you will have more in stock? Also, if you don't mind, tell us a bit about the axes. They look nice. I am tired of my big box store low quality axes.

Top Bottom