• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Walking through wal mart today and I saw some new knives that caught my eye. I was surprised to see a SOG Trident and a SOG Seal Pup in the case. I guess they saw them at Dick's and thought maybe they should get some too.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yep a buddy of mine told me they just got them in a couple of weeks ago. He works at a Walmart. It is hard for us to compete with Wally World prices. :(

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i would still much rather support a local business like brad and knifelady than send anymore money than i have to to china.

sheila and brad are top notch folks and i would prefer they have my money even if it cost just a little bit more.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yep a buddy of mine told me they just got them in a couple of weeks ago. He works at a Walmart. It is hard for us to compete with Wally World prices. :(

DON'T!!!! and don't be upset by that.

There is always somebody that will beat you on price.
    I don't shop price, I shop service.
    Not saying price is not important but it certainly is not the deciding factor.
    Why?
    I'll pay more for good service, it's just worth it to me to be treated better than a number.

People know the price of everything, and the value of nothing!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA

Why?
    I'll pay more for good service, it's just worth it to me to be treated better than a number.

+1 and repped. We try our best to give quality personal service with the best prices we can offer.;)

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    :dunno: You dont compete with them they wish they could compete with you and Brad. I buy toilet cleaner at wally world I buy my knives from good folks like you guys. :D

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana

Why? I'll pay more for good service, it's just worth it to me to be treated better than a number.

I shopped locally and for service first for a long time but have come to the conclusion (especially with local gun shops) that there IS NO SERVICE.

The local knife shop is wayyy overpriced but has good service AND I still patronize the store now and then. The prices still irk me !

I vote with my dollars and if I get burnt one time at a local shop, I will never go back. There are many options these days and any local retail company that has a big ego or crappy service will not be around long. It would appear that some just don't care.

btw: I'm running out of local gun shops.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I shopped locally and for service first for a long time but have come to the conclusion (especially with local gun shops) that there IS NO SERVICE.

The local knife shop is wayyy overpriced but has good service AND I still patronize the store now and then. The prices still irk me !

I vote with my dollars and if I get burnt one time at a local shop, I will never go back. There are many options these days and any local retail company that has a big ego or crappy service will not be around long. It would appear that some just don't care.

I completely understand where you are coming from, but keep looking, or drive a little further, you will find that local shop that treats you right. I am pretty blessed to have two local shops within 30 min of the house, both of them have excellent service, and prices are as good or better than most anything I have found online. On shop actually sells powder and primers lower than GM has been in recent months.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Brad and Sheila have my business as well. I SAW them at walmart....I buy butterknives at walmart...not a knife that I carry and use.

The intent of my original post was not to drum up business for walmart-hell, it was to show surprise. I truly hope that no one tries to save a few dollars by buying there when they could help out local vendors and good people.

Brad and Sheila are good people and are not in the same class as walmart...there isn't even a competition in my opinion.

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers

I see your from Northern Indiana.... Drive a bit further and visit Brad and Sheila down in the Indy area. The drive would be WELL worth it for you. Or just find out when they will be at a gun or knife show in your area. You get the best service possible and excellent prices! Ill never buy another knife from anyone else at any price.:ingo:

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Thanks for the encouragement to drive further to find better shops. This is a must do when I'm ready to upgrade to a .45 cal of some sort. I want a Para Ordinance sub compact but the price is just mind bending. A simple 1911 might just do.

Any way, I like SOG knives. They are not the best or the worst but if it matters, I just picked up a SOG NW Ranger 2.0, non-serrated, non-coated from Outdoor World by Portage. I have handled the knife before at a gun n knife show and it felt great in my hand. It had that ahhhhhh feeling to it.

Like most SOG knives, it is razor sharp. The leather sheath is more traditional and with a few tweaks, it will be fine.

I would not buy it from ChinaMart even if they had it and don't really like it being Made in Taiwan, but I wanted the knife for a long time and now I have it. The guy that sold it to me is an American and at least that much counts in my book. :patriot:

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    It is hard for us to compete with Wally World prices. :(

Many people have this condition I have and I'm not really sure where it comes from....
    Conditioning maybe or perhaps just some flawed characteristic in my personality...

BUT, when I see two identical products side by side yet one of them costs
    more than the other, I automatically think the more expensive one is
    better somehow. I almost always will buy the one that costs more unless
    we're talking about something nominal like new socks or a bottle of orange juice.

There is a perceived higher value in things that are more expensive (to some people....like me :)).
    So I wouldn't try to compete.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have a friend who used to own a small gun shop. He said he could purchase a new rifle such as a 10/22, off the shelf at Wal-Mart cheaper than he could order it wholesale through his distributor.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I shop for service and knowledge not the best price.

why does home AC repair cost so much because you are paying for the repairman's knowledge as well as the time and parts to complete the service.

AND, I am yet to meet a single knowledge person working at the counters in Walmart. Maybe I have just been unlucky but I am thinking not.

Top Bottom