• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Maybe I got lucky and got a "good" one:dunno:, I had read several places it was picky with ammo, but it ran the cheap Blazer lead roundnose just fine. Accuracy was good, about the same IMO as the MiniMags. I was hoping it would cycle the Blazers since I shoot them out of my MkIII, my .22 AR upper, and now the P22."

I apologize if this is not the proper way of doing this, I'm a noob... Anyway, it's not necessarily that you got a good one, it's that u got a new model that was redesigned, fixing those issues mentioned in all the reviews. I had some issues with my 2011 P22 (also from PSS) ejecting winchester cheapies, I had one stove pipe and another lodge in the barrel. But other than that, I love it... And so does the wife. (and it's not pink) ;)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    use good ammo

The P22 is a fun little handgun. I've found that it is picky with any of lead nosed bullets. Especially the crappy winchester xpert.

For the cheap bulk packs, I've found the 550 round packs of Remington Golden Bullet is best for all of my .22lr's. Obviously the CCI's do very well also and I'll use them when shooting for groups.

Ditto to prometheus' comment. I've given up on using the plain lead anything. I've always had better luck with ANYTHING coated... even the cheap american Eagle stuff.

How is the durability track record of the P22?? THey look great and I hear that they hold up better than the little SIG Mosquitos.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I apologize if this is not the proper way of doing this, I'm a noob... Anyway, it's not necessarily that you got a good one, it's that u got a new model that was redesigned, fixing those issues mentioned in all the reviews. I had some issues with my 2011 P22 (also from PSS) ejecting winchester cheapies, I had one stove pipe and another lodge in the barrel. But other than that, I love it... And so does the wife. (and it's not pink) ;)

Hey nothing wrong with input!:yesway: I had read something about the letter in the serial number on the P22, but have forgotten what it was exactly. It had to do with problems being corrected.

As far as ammo, for plinking I kind of expect my firearms to cycle anything I put in them. The cheap Blazer 40 gr. lead roundnose ammo functions great in all my .22 firearms rifles and handguns. Big 'R' in Crawfordsville sometimes has it for $15.99/500.

When I get "serious" with a .22, ie squirrel hunting I will switch to CCI Stingers though.:yesway:

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    With a $30 adapter for the barrel nut, the P22 makes a GREAT suppressor host.... just sayin'.

I use mine as a suppressor host and no matter how much I clean it, it still sounds like there is sand on the rails every time that I rack the slide. I know that there is additional fouling from the blowback caused by using a suppressor, but i can not seem to get it clean. Any suggestions?

P.S. I hope this does not count as thread-jacking, but I did not want to start a new thread for this. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Top Bottom