• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Does anyone know someone who can install night sights on Walther PPQ M2 and PPX pistols (they're different)?

I think the PPQ is a pretty straight forward installation. The front sight pops on an off like a Glock. I put a HiViz on one of my PPQs and it worked fine for elevation. Size 4 height if I remember. I think the rear will come off by loosening the screw used for windage. I am cheap so I just kept the factory rear and sharpied out the annoying white dots. Replaced the front with fiber optic and dropped the sight off the PPQ in my P99 box. One note the Walther factory sight is secured with a very small Allen screw, the after market sight requires the Glock hex wrench.

When I checked for sights somebody made a drop in set. Trijicon HDs maybe?

I have a set of night sights on the other PPQ. They were installed and zeroed by Earls Repair if memory serves. I bought the pistol used from another INGOer.

If you are trying to keep up with all of the above post, yes I own a couple PPQs, a P99 and I jumped on a PPS M1 after the price drop. My wife is seriously considering a PPS M2 for herself. We are big fans of the polymer Walthers and 1911 pistols. I appreciate curvy German handguns.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The PPQ is SUPER easy, so I would say YOU can. I installed my own Trijicon HDs on mine. I don't have experience with the PPX.

Did the rear sight come off by loosening the windage screw and pushing it out to the left?

Someday when I break the factory plastic sights I am going to replace with the Trijicon HDs. Actually I might replace them if I ever have some money burning a whole in my pocket. I really like the looks of the HDs.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. Same experience for me. First pistol I've ever installed new sights on. I used Dawsons, and they were very straightforward to install. Tiny little screw for the front sight, and file the rear sight until it pushed in by hand 2/3 (or maybe it was 1/2 way.....I don't remember. Google can help you with the proper spec.) of the way and then tap it lightly into place.

I won't ever be paying someone to install sights again. A monkey could do it. Not sure about a Rhino, though. IIRC, they lack opposable thumbs.

The PPQ is SUPER easy, so I would say YOU can. I installed my own Trijicon HDs on mine. I don't have experience with the PPX.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Did the rear sight come off by loosening the windage screw and pushing it out to the left?

Someday when I break the factory plastic sights I am going to replace with the Trijicon HDs. Actually I might replace them if I ever have some money burning a whole in my pocket. I really like the looks of the HDs.

Yeah, there is a little plunger or something. I think you can find good videos. No fitting necessary for the Trijicons in my experience. I think it took me 4 minutes. This is a contrast to the same sights for my HK VP9, which I sent to HK to be fitted because you have to fit to a dovetail.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmmm ...

Thanks for the information, guys.

I was concerned about the aftermarket night sights being a tight fit that requires a sight pusher (which is a good thing), but it's tough to use a generic sight pusher with the funky shape of the PPQ slide. I've seen enough broken tritium vials to know not use a punch and hammer on night sights.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Good point Rhino. My rear sights never have tritium. I use hackathorn style sights, so no worries tapping the rear sights in for me.

If I had tritium vials in a sight, I'd prefer to not tap them in. A sight pusher would be best for that job.

Hmmm ...

Thanks for the information, guys.

I was concerned about the aftermarket night sights being a tight fit that requires a sight pusher (which is a good thing), but it's tough to use a generic sight pusher with the funky shape of the PPQ slide. I've seen enough broken tritium vials to know not use a punch and hammer on night sights.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I installed Dawson onto mine. The rear night sight was file to fit and I did gently tap it into place using a plastic hammer. The front was easy. Just screw in the factory Allen head and pop it through from the inside. Dawson gives you tools to do the job.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I definitely prefer a rear sight that has a friction fit in addition to a set screw and loctite. Nothing sucks worse than a rear sight to randomly moves and you don't realize it until it's too late.

Thanks for the info guys!

Top Bottom