• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I'm wondering if anyone has had to send any Walther back for service. Are they generally helpful, how long does service/repair usually take? What, if any, fees will I have to pay i.e shipping/handling, FFL fees if they have to send it to a dealer vs back to me personally?
    I'm have a .40 PPQ with major FTL problems. I was at the range yesterday and consistently had 3,4,5 FTL's per magazine. My original thought was a single bad magazine so I marked it on the first issue but after only 50 or so rounds downrange, both mags were failing. :(:xmad:
    advqdQOC.jpg

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have about 300 rounds down mine so far with no problems. At first the slide would not stay open after the last round but then it stopped.

Have you tried different ammo types to see if its the ammo.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My experience with Walther customer service has been positive. But at that time I was dealing with Smith & Wesson. Not sure if Smith is still providing service or if Walther is doing their own again.

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I have about 300 rounds down mine so far with no problems. At first the slide would not stay open after the last round but then it stopped.

Have you tried different ammo types to see if its the ammo.

I've had probably 4 or 5 different brands and types (JHP, FMJ) and have had a few problems but yesterday was just awful. A small bit could be the ammo (maybe yesterday's brand was a problem) but I did have FTL probs before

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I spoke with Walther customer service. They asked what was happening, I told them. They asked what kind of ammo I was using, I told them both kinds & they set up for me to send it back to them to have one of their gun smiths work on it.
    Now I just need to find/get my receipt or a copy of my 4473!

Troy (from Walther) was helpful.

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I sent my PPQ to Walther this week and realized I didn't ask for any idea of how long the repair/s may take so I called them today and was told they're working on 3-4 WEEKS for normal service!!

I was hoping for 3-4 days but not having any measuring stick, I guess I'm gonna live without her for till then :xmad: :(

Top Bottom