• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Just ordered one. Anyone shot this gun or own one. Pros and cons please and this is my first walther. How is the brand in general. Thanks

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    My local guy has one of these and I really want it. Fit my had great, but I have small fat hands so that may just be me. Trigger felt awesome for DA. A little nervous since it hasn't been out that long. Did you get it? Anyone have any info?

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    There are several good reviews on YouTube. I was searching for a comparison between the PPX and the PPQ. I couldn't find one of a comparison between the two models unfortunately.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I think that is the model that did away with the "paddle" mag release on the bottom of the trigger guard and went for a standard button in the "correct" place. +1 for that.

I did shoot an older model about a year ago. Not bad. I don't like SA/DA actions but that is just me. The gun shot nice. The newer models are quite a bit better from what I read.

Good luck and let us know what you think when you get it and take it out.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Why ask for opinions *after* you've ordered the gun? Not picking on you specifically, but that ("I just got one of these - is it any good?") is something I see a lot on forums that I just don't get.

But to answer your question - I think the PPX is a step backward for Walther. I understand they wanted a price-point gun, but put a PPX next to a PPQ, and it's like putting a Hi-Point next to a SIG.

The PPX DAO trigger is light and smooth; reminds me of the Para LDA. I like the button mag release vice the paddle type (something they've also worked into the PPQ M2). However, I can't stand the grip contour (and it is not changeable in any way), the bore axis is ridiculously high, and the gun just seems needlessly bulky overall. Oh, and the mags are proprietary, and expensive. The PPQ is a much better gun, if you can swing the extra money.

My :twocents:

Assimilator17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    The PPQ is a much better gun, if you can swing the extra money.

My :twocents:

I completely agree. The PPQ and PPQ M2 both feel well polished and are IMO unquestionably competitive with the likes of Glock, Springfield, HK, etc. The PPX just doesn't have that same sort of feeling to it. It very decidedly has the feeling of being built to a price rather than being the best Walther is capable of. So from a Walther fanboy, I likewise prefer the PPQ to the PPX.

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    Thanks for the help. I acctually was wanting to spend < $500 so the PPQ is out. I'm really just trying to decide between the PPX and the SR9.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have both the 9mm and the 40 can't ask for a better gun. I sold my Glock 19 to get the Walter PPQ and glad I did. Both calibers feel the same in your hand and recoil is not all that bad. Take down is as easy as the Glock both of mine are the paddle release. On the M2 the button release is a lot smother than the Glock and the mag come out all the time. Right out of the box shot 3 inch patterns that looked just like the one they send with the gun. The only thing that is bad you really have to look around for extra mags. I did find a place that has them 15plus 2 for the 9 and 12 for the 40 and that was gitguns.com. Ask for Gloria she is very good at what she does.

Top Bottom