• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    about a year ago i sold my Lee enfield mk1 no4 because i was having trouble with the extractor and sight problems. now im looking to replace that rifle with something new. i loved my enfield it was just not working out right.

I'm lookin for a new rifle to have fun with. preferably military surplus and has to have open sights. im not a big fan of the mosin nagants. dont like the straight bolt design. all the mosins ive shot are a bear to try and cycle the new round into the chamber and they just didnt feel comfortable to me. what would you choose as a military rifle given 1. cost 2. ammo availability and cost 3. reliability 4. craftsmanship and attractivness

what would u prefer?
    1. Mauser K98
    2. Springfield '03
    3. Lee Enfield
    3. Other (make, model, caliber)

l c gun guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    I got enfield that works very good with 1200 yrs sights ill sell for 250 got brass bullets dies and bayent if interested pm me.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Don't overlook the Sweedish Mausers....ammo (6..5mm) may be a little hard to find and these early Muasers hand straight bolts too. But true smooth mauser actions...not overly expesnisve and the 6.5 mm round is just a dead nuts tight grouping mama...:twocents:

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    Go with the Swed 6.5 you will be very happy. But the down side is when you start shooting the 6.5x55 you will want a custom rifle in 6.5.

Bob

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If you like the K98, you will really like the 1909 Argentine Mauser.

Mine was converted to 30.06 and is a shooter and keeper. I got it for $150 with no stock. It is now in a synthetic stack and will soon have the barrel shortened to 20 inches and a 2X scout scope mounted on a ultimak mount.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ishapore

about a year ago i sold my Lee enfield mk1 no4 because i was having trouble with the extractor and sight problems. now im looking to replace that rifle with something new. i loved my enfield it was just not working out right.

I'm lookin for a new rifle to have fun with. preferably military surplus and has to have open sights. im not a big fan of the mosin nagants. dont like the straight bolt design. all the mosins ive shot are a bear to try and cycle the new round into the chamber and they just didnt feel comfortable to me. what would you choose as a military rifle given 1. cost 2. ammo availability and cost 3. reliability 4. craftsmanship and attractivness

what would u prefer?
    1. Mauser K98
    2. Springfield '03
    3. Lee Enfield
    3. Other (make, model, caliber)
    Have you looked at the Ishapore rifles?, they are chambered for the .308 round, built from the ground up as a .308 rifle, and have the Enfield design, usually about $250-300. I'm going to get one!..some day

Top Bottom