• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Just a food for thought about all these dam riots going on all over the US.

To get this off my chest- where the :soapbox: are the parents?

With that said- When I was watching the news a few weeks back, I heard that Trayvon was wearing a hoodie (covering his face) when crossing over the back of the houses in the neighborhood. Anyone know if this is true? Because if it is, the whole "racial" theology is B.S. This shows that Zimmerman did not profile the kid for being black.

Just a random thought....

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    To get this off my chest- where the :soapbox: are the parents?

Leading a riot. This is the first time in 14 years his parents have worked together for their son.

I'll take a stab at what this has to do with the survival forum - how you dress. I used to dress like a goth kid. I'm 6'3, near 300 pounds and worked in my dad's construction business since I was 12 so I was always muscular. I got completely different reactions back when I was dressed all in black, wearing a trench coat, and had a bullet necklace around my neck than how I dress now which is typically jeans and a button down shirt or a t-shirt. I was responsible for the image I was putting out there and the reactions people had to it because I was soliciting that reaction. Now I'm much more the "gray man", the guy that doesn't stick out for any particular reason aside from my size which I can't help.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I thought I recalled the dispatcher asking Zimmerman about the race and he did respond that Martin "looked" black. However, between the media's distortion and omission of facts and everything else I'm not 100% on that.

I do believe profiling occurred, but I still do not believe it was racial in nature. Tim is right, the way people dress and present themselves speak very loudly of who they are and influences our opinions of them much more than we think. I live in a soccer mommy suburb and the kids around here all dress the same. I will honestly admit that if I see one walking through our neighborhood, especially if we've had a number of recent break-ins, and they look different than what I'm used to I will keep a very close eye on them. White or black makes no difference, but their presentation and demeanor will draw my attention.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If someone tells me two Purple People Eaters were going around the neighborhood breaking into homes, I will not bother looking for the Yellow Cow Eaters out there. If you would still look at every race, even when you know it's the PP Eaters doing the crime, then you are not very smart. You may be PC, but you are stupid and you are not fixable.

If someone tells me they think two Purple People Eaters were involved with the break-ins, but not for sure, they were wearing hoodies. Well, guess what, I'll be looking for the Yellow Cow Eaters too who are wearing hoodies. I believe in profiling. I think it is good. It saves time and money. It works. Profiling is in no way racism.

I believe if people think profiling is politically incorrect and is racist, then people I think you are hiding from something, What are you hiding?

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    He had the hoodie up in the gas station. So I would say it is very likely that he had it up while walking too.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    I do believe profiling occurred, but I still do not believe it was racial in nature. Tim is right, the way people dress and present themselves speak very loudly of who they are and influences our opinions of them much more than we think.

i think so too. just look at people of walmart. :laugh:

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    yes he was wearing a hoodie. The first time race was brought up was by the 911 operator. which did ask for a description and also asked if he was black. as far as what clothing you wear does make a difference. we profile someone with out even thinking about it. Is this wrong? I don't think so. If a person is walking down the street with a trench coat on and it is 70* outside I would pay more attention to what they were doing. Some are intimidated by those dressed like a biker. I guess ultimately no matter the color of the person walking down the street with a hoodie over their face will raise suspicion. As far as the parents his mother had already shipped him off to his dads.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I cannot wear hoodies the loss of peripheral vision freaks me out so the only reason to wear one is to hide your face. Saying St. Skittles looked black even though his face couldn't be seen is easy as long as he was moving AA's gait is quite different from other races.

Top Bottom