• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This is a great family movie. I took the boys today to showplace 17 in Indy and somehow managed to not shoot anyone despite having a gun...

anyway, uplifting story about a kid some significant facial deformities and the challenges he and his family face as he starts school for the first time in 5th grade.

if you like Owen Wilson you'll love him as the dad. Julia Roberts was the mom. I'm not sure, but I think she fits the role of cougar if married to Owen. (Edit: woah! Owen Wilson is 49 and she's 50???)

several tear jerky scenes that make you consider your own relationships with family and strangers. Go see it!

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I took my daughter to a showing with her class last night. It was very good and I think every tween and teenager should see it. I was shocked when I saw Julia Roberts playing the mom. I haven't seen her in a movie in years. I did end up feeling sorry for the daughter. It was true the family was like the solar system.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Tear jerking movies about kids facing facial deformity issues are not my holiday viewing priorities. There is plenty of pain in life as it is without searching out opportunities to make sure everyone sees more of it IMHO. I go and take my family to movies to be entertained, not 'educated' by hollywierd.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Tear jerking movies about kids facing facial deformity issues are not my holiday viewing priorities. There is plenty of pain in life as it is without searching out opportunities to make sure everyone sees more of it IMHO. I go and take my family to movies to be entertained, not 'educated' by hollywierd.

:n00b:
    WOW!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy

I agree 100% with you. Before you are criticized to death and you will be for exercising your opinion. This is INGO after all. To each there own.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Hrm. Well I guess that's one way to look at it. Watch the movie when it's not a holiday then. The movie is not about making people see facial deformities. It's about how society handles those are different and highlights one boy who overcame our problems, not his. The boy is fine, it's those around him that have the problems.

we have a very special needs child in the family and it highlighted a lot of issues they probably deal with that I had not considered before. I'm better for having watched it, unlike most of the garbage movies that come out of Hollywood

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hrm. Well I guess that's one way to look at it. Watch the movie when it's not a holiday then. The movie is not about making people see facial deformities. It's about how society handles those are different and highlights one boy who overcame our problems, not his. The boy is fine, it's those around him that have the problems.

we have a very special needs child in the family and it highlighted a lot of issues they probably deal with that I had not considered before. I'm better for having watched it, unlike most of the garbage movies that come out of Hollywood

I KNOW you're not talking about "Team America, World Police"!!!:rockwoot::patriot:

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN

Actually, the movie is as much about the "normal" people around Auggie (the boy with Treacher Collins syndrome) as it is about Auggie. I'm right there with you on Hollywood trying to preach from their "ivory tower". But you really should go see this movie anyway.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Very well said Doc

We enjoyed the movie and the story that goes with it.

Top Bottom