• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Hey everyone. Well the waterfowl bug has bitten me. I'm a noob, but was fortunate enough to get out twice this year already in northern Illinois for some early season teal and goose action.

My question - are there any local stores/shops that you buy waterfowl gear at?

Gander Mountain has a pretty limited selection of gear...waders, camo, accessories, etc.

Cabela's in Hammond is great, but not real convenient.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I guess it depends on what type of gear. Alot of stuff you can probably order, not to mention cabelas will deliver to you. (also their online selection is better anyway. or you can get it shipped to the store for free, and just find the time to get out there.

I'm spoiled though cause i live about 10 minutes away from the cabelas in hammond. thats where i got all my stuff. watch for sales and coupons, and the not real convenient part might not matter as much. i got my goose decoys and 2 bags of beef jerky ($5.99ea), after tax, for less than the retail price of said decoys, between a rewards coupon i had plus the rewards points i had saved up. i don't really like paying full price at cabelas for obvious reasons, so i always try to make sure i buy the big stuff with some sort of discount whenever possible.

Top Bottom