• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larcklorn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have the worst time remembering to remove knives from pockets and then they get washed. Tried out a cheaper ceramic blade folder from remington and it worked ok, but chipped still like all ceramics do and some of the parts still rust a bit...any other ideas on a knife that would fit this need?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Go titanium or aluminum for the handle, then try and get a blade that doesn't rust much.

I've heard elmax is good in that regard, I've never had a problem with stonewashed S30V or S35VN rusting though. I routinely mow grass with one of those steel combinations clipped to my gym shorts waist band and none have rusted

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I used to have that problem; senility setting in. At great personal expense a sign appeared over my washing machine, however. "Check The Pockets". Hasn't happened since. The sign in the bathroom, "Check Your Fly" hasn't worked quite as well.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I used to have that problem; senility setting in. At great personal expense a sign appeared over my washing machine, however. "Check The Pockets". Hasn't happened since. The sign in the bathroom, "Check Your Fly" hasn't worked quite as well.

:lmfao:

A dear friend of mine (much older) told me this is what happens as you get older.
    1. First, you forget people's names
    2. Then, you start forgetting people's faces
    3. Next is, you forget to zip up
    4. Then, you forget to zip down

I forget the rest ( bad memory-which I'm sure is on the list), but he had a whole list of what happens when your sliding downing the mountain. :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My regular, old Benchmade has been through the laundry many times. Comes out sparkly clean, and fresh as a summer breeze. Not a speck of rust or corrosion, and I'm not exactly easy on it. I guess I should look up what it is actually made of.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    The only knife I've ever washed, and washed repeatedly, is my Kershaw Chive. I have washed it many times and it is no worse for the wash amazingly. It is the basic all silver model and I've had it almost 10 years now. I have never washed any other knife so I suppose the chive really is so small you forget about it!

Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    The Benchmade Triage is my favorite corrosion resistant folder for, hunting, fishing, or any water related activity. As a water ski instructor I carried it on the boat everyday for three summers. A few times, I used it underwater for cutting rope off of wrapped props. Even after fully submerging it, then carrying it all day in the waistband of a wet bathing suit, the non-coated N680 blade stayed rust free. All other metal in the knife is stainless and/or coated except the edge of the 440C rescue hook. If you are worried about the hook rusting then go with a BM H20 Griptilian also in N680. The H20 Griptilian lacks the Triage's rescue hook, glass breaker, and g10 handle scales. However, it's a very similar knife that is lighter and less expensive than the Triage.

larcklorn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    Indianapolis

This made me laugh - thanks.

Top Bottom