• ...and so much more!
  • Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Check, recheck and recheck the recheck...uh-oh! Sounds like government oversight, or lack thereof. Goes to show the lack of respect for our veterans, past and present.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    If you take everyone's dumbassness as an insult, you're gonna get butt hurt super quick.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    If you take everyone's dumbassness as an insult, you're gonna get butt hurt super quick.

It's not an insult to me because I never served, and I'm not so much "butthurt," but I think something to honor those who put their lives on the line should have a little bit of care put into it. How much effort does it take to ensure the few words that are on the memorial are spelled correctly? It's disrespectful. It's not on a piece of paper or on a website. It's, literally, in stone.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not an attack on you, and I may be in the minority, but I don't worry about simple mistakes that people make when they're trying to do something nice. Yeah, they screwed up, which is kind of funny considering SPELL CHECK, but they tried.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Oh, I didn't take it as an attack at all. Just your view. True. It was a nice gesture, but because of that little mistake, it's getting press for the wrong reason.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    committedtoexcellense.jpeg

school_sign_typo.PNG

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not an attack on you, and I may be in the minority, but I don't worry about simple mistakes that people make when they're trying to do something nice. Yeah, they screwed up, which is kind of funny considering SPELL CHECK, but they tried.

I felt the same way when I saw this being blasted across the Internet. By Probably many of whom wouldn't know how to spell it themselves.
    I was raised when someone gives you something or does something kind you say thank you and be appreciative that someone thought highly enough of you for that sacred gesture.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Back in the summer of 2002 young Air Force MSgt KellyinAvon was coming home to Indiana on leave from Eglin AFB (Ft Walton Beach, FL). On US 331 in south Alabama I remember seeing a sign (a lighted sign like you'd see in front of a store) that had a statement very supportive of the military. It also had a word misspelled. After thinking about it for a few miles I decided anyone who would put a sign in front of their home supporting the military (misspelled word or not) is someone I want on my side.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Upon further review, someone REALLY should have caught that one. I realize there is no squiggly red line when you spell something incorrectly in marble, but come on!

Top Bottom