We don't have the only hobby that will put you on a list!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I am making a lab/ man cave in my basement office. Yes it is so I can more effectively make my "inators". I searched the internet to get some pointers on my homemade fume hood and came across this little gem of a video.

This is his HOME chemistry lab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3ZGXpuIqo&feature=related

I'm guessing whatever company he works for is missing some supplies.

It is complete with a full size pipe organ, and one of those ladders on wheels like in the old fashion libraries or that you would find in any self respecting scientists laboratory that is wanting to take over the world.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    You don't happen to wear a black turtleneck and lab coat while working on your "inators," do you?

DrDoofenshmirtz2-1.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh my, he has almost as much glassware as I do. I don't have the pipe organ, though. He's got me there. Crap, I knew I was forgetting something.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Wow! Isn't there a point where you realize you have enough and stop. Don't hate me cause I'm not hatin' I'm certainly not saying some should be able to tell what enough is, just wonderin' if there's ever point where you think you gotta enough of what ever hobby, but then again if he can afford it all and it's what he likes doing, what do I care.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    INGO Meth Lab? :dunno:

:laugh:

I didn't want to say it. Thought it, but didn't want to speak poorly of a doc/moderator.

I have this horrible flatulence problem and a hood would go a long way towards helping my home life. also, I'm wanting to do tissue culture of "musa basjoo" which would ideally be done in a sterile hood.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    What exactly do you need a lab/fume hood at home for? Also, can I rent time? ;)

Ha! I'm primarily setting it up to do some of the easier dental lab work from home. A lot of grinding on gypsum type stone models, working with acrylic and plastics (hence the fume hood), and wax. I am making sure to also be able to use it as a general hobby tinkering station. Like cleaning my guns without stinking up the entire house, and eventually reloading.

I've made a couple cyclone vacuum canisters out of the 5 gallon buckets redneckmedic sold on INGO a while back, I've tied into the Radon vacuum to help with minor fume exhaust and I have a legitimate dental lab work station that I mounted onto the bottom of a piece of counter top that is the workhorse of the entire thing. This will of course be put back in its original state when I get the proper vent hood setup so as not to violate any codes. Otherwise that would be wrong.
    I'll get some pics when the place is clean enough to actually see anything. (It is hard to work on something and use it at the same time.)

I have an antique x-ray unit that I cleaned the guts out of and I'm going to put a light in it. It will look pretty cool but also be quite functional since the hydraulics in the arm are still in great shape and the head stays wherever you put it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Need? Need? What does need have to do with anything? I want one, and I can afford to build one, so, there you have it. I do have some use for one, though, so I shall have one. If I didn't have a purpose, I wouldn't trouble myself. Capitalism rawks!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I didn't want to say it. Thought it, but didn't want to speak poorly of a doc/moderator.

I have this horrible flatulence problem and a hood would go a long way towards helping my home life. also, I'm wanting to do tissue culture of "musa basjoo" which would ideally be done in a sterile hood.
    Hmmm, interesting. I never knew there was a banana plant that would thrive in our climate.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom