"Weapon retention"/backup knife--suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    well last I heard being about a year ago. but like I said there are a few custom makers producing hideaway knives also so they are available one way or another.

they are still making knives. they have still (up to a few months ago) been selling "custom" ground knives which are not truly custom. for custom money.

if you must purchase a hideaway knife, go to fenix outfitters. THEY are not liars and cheats. they have the knives "in stock" as opposed to having to wait for them (if they are EVER) made. HAK still has people who placed deposits on certian knives which will never be made, running around without refunds.

if you search "hideaway" you should find the "about" threads fairly easy.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    they are still making knives. they have still (up to a few months ago) been selling "custom" ground knives which are not truly custom. for custom money.

if you must purchase a hideaway knife, go to fenix outfitters. THEY are not liars and cheats. they have the knives "in stock" as opposed to having to wait for them (if they are EVER) made. HAK still has people who placed deposits on certian knives which will never be made, running around without refunds.

if you search "hideaway" you should find the "about" threads fairly easy.

I know warren thomas makes HAKS but I doubt anyone here sans a few would pony up that dough.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I know warren thomas makes HAKS but I doubt anyone here sans a few would pony up that dough.

personal opinion alert:

find SOMEONE else........ ;)

then, i see him making it as i see anyone ELSE ripping off designs. theft. as much as i HATE HAK i can't, on premise, hate cold steal, and others who steal, but make excuses for another. the HAK design is TOO original to copy. its not a drop point hunter, or a "bowie" knife. its not something you would just grind out on accident.

WT has had his share of .... achem... issues.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom