• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I recently found out about this steel competition. I work the weekends and have always wanted to try some kind of match. The Nappanee cc isn't that far from me and I'll be attending within a few weeks.

Question is has anybody ever shot steel there? Nice place? I have no idea what to expect and I want to make sure everything is explained before I shoot. Also, any pointers on a shooting steel match?

I did find a Youtube video of a shoot there.

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    The Wednesday evening plate shoot at Nappanee is a great time and a great learning experience. You will need a safe holster, magazines pouches and I'd take a couple hundred rounds of ammo. Mr. Yoder that runs it is an excellent instructor and is very helpful. Go let them know your new and they will get you going. BROBERTS (Brent) here on INGO shoots there from time to time, Brent can probably answer any other questions you might have. I'm sure he will be on here this evening. Nappanee is where I started shooting plates but my home club wanted to do the same thing so I'm running a plate shoot in Warsaw on Wednesday evenings so I don't get up there any more.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I have shot there for 10+ years. Starts at 6. You don't need a holster. Show up early and tell Romayne Yoder your new. Don't get the gun out till he talks to you at were to do it at. He is very help full in showing the safe way to handle a gun and in shooting it.

It is a nice place. There are 2 center fire racks and 2 rim fire racks. So you can shoot 22 or center fire. As far as shooting steel. Front site gently squeeze the trigger. We all started some where. Just show up and he will explain everything to you before he will let you shoot.

I have only been there 1 time this year but I might go wed. if you want to meet me there.

Brent

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have shot there for 10+ years. Starts at 6. You don't need a holster. Show up early and tell Romayne Yoder your new. Don't get the gun out till he talks to you at were to do it at. He is very help full in showing the safe way to handle a gun and in shooting it.

It is a nice place. There are 2 center fire racks and 2 rim fire racks. So you can shoot 22 or center fire. As far as shooting steel. Front site gently squeeze the trigger. We all started some where. Just show up and he will explain everything to you before he will let you shoot.

I have only been there 1 time this year but I might go wed. if you want to meet me there.

Brent

I'm not sure which Wednesday I'll be out there yet. Thanks for all the info and looking forward to it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Report from last night.

I had a blast. There were only 5 guys shooting and I was the only one shooting centerfire. Being we shot about 250 rounds, I can see why. There were several rounds of right handed, one handed right hand, left hand and one handed left hand. I was shooting my XDm 9mm 5.25 by the way.

The left handed really threw me off. I did better that I thought though. After all the rounds were tallied, I did very well.

Romain the RO helped me out so much in getting me on track with the off hand and quite a few tips for the competition in general. I have never shot any kind of comp before last night. I am hooked!

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I couldn't make last night. Had to mow my yard. We are having a uspsa match at warsaw Sunday if you want to check that out too.

Top Bottom