• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've been a knife person my entire life and I've been "collecting" for close to 60 years. I try not to accumulate any more; but I slip off the wagon now and again. The second I saw Joe Cassel's little 5 inch blade (I call it the Cubby) I knew I had another one! It is beautifully designed and made; Joe is an artist.

But that has brought up a question for me. I'm an orpand now; no one to will or give things to. Especially anyone who can appreciate a bunch of custom and on- off knives. I've been thinning the heard; gave my origional scout knife to a Cub Scout. He was thrilled and so was I.

I'm trying to figure out how to take'em with me (that's not going well) and some, like Joe's, are in the "cold dead hands" catagory. I know a few of you will try to help me by volunteering to lighted my load. Probably isn't gonna happen, but thanks.

So, any suggestions or how to get some exceptional knives to a new home where they can be appreciated once I'm outta here. Thanks

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I living will written up that donates them to a charity with a good military cause, such as the one that funds scholarships for the children of fallen soldiers, would do such great things long after you're gone. With the added benefit that they would know who, and how much, to sell them to. I couldn't think of any better way to let my fortunes carry forward to those that deserve it.

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    Find a way to give some to military personell who are now or will be deploying overseas....give them a good feeling about the country they serve.
    I am sure there are organizations out there that can put you in touch with service members who may need a boost.

Not only does Joe Cassel make nice knives, he's a heck of a nice guy too.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Yup, looks like most people already nailed it.

But I would second that you have to be careful donating the knives themselves to a charity, most probably wouldn't know or be able to fetch their real worth.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I say enjoy them while your still alive!! come out to the next chop in or get with some of us other local knife guys and show them off so they bring some others joy too.

You could will them to kniferights.org and have them auctioned off in order to support peoples knife rights.

Knife Rights - Home

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Do you have any nephews to leave them with? Heck even some girls would like to have a knife. Boy/Girl Scouts might take some if the blades are short enough.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would sell them while you can to people that are genuinly interested in them. We are only custiodians for awhile.Life is so short.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    if any thing is super special you may find a museum to donate it to have it on display.

smokey mountain knife works has a large museum of knifes. They will take a few off your hands and display them.

also like said before donate for a charity auction.

Top Bottom