What are your personal rules for selling/buying/replacing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    For me, guns are like video games. I don't collect, they are a hobby that I enjoy. Never sell a hobby to pay the bills unless you have to. Trade and sell hobbies for other hobbies.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    For me, guns are like video games. I don't collect, they are a hobby that I enjoy. Never sell a hobby to pay the bills unless you have to. Trade and sell hobbies for other hobbies.
    I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head there. I have sold guns that I wish I hadn't, but I never sold them because I needed money. One thing my dad always told me was do not sell something because you need the money.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    In my family, there are guns that belong to the Family. Sometimes I am the curator, Sometimes my brother is. The rule is this. If It came from Dad, It belongs to the Family. When I pass on, whatever I purchased and kept, becomes Family property same for my brother. They must go to a male Heir so they stay in the Family. At one time my grand father had almost a hundred guns. When he died My evil step grandmother bucked the will and instead of giving them to Dad as was instructed to, she sold them. Dad found out and only rescued 3. He had to pay above market value to get them. I will not have this happen when I go. As soon as My boys come of age and Maturity I will pass on the curator ship. Hopefully there will be more after that boating trip disaster claimed them all.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    In my family, there are guns that belong to the Family. Sometimes I am the curator, Sometimes my brother is. The rule is this. If It came from Dad, It belongs to the Family. When I pass on, whatever I purchased and kept, becomes Family property same for my brother. They must go to a male Heir so they stay in the Family. At one time my grand father had almost a hundred guns. When he died My evil step grandmother bucked the will and instead of giving them to Dad as was instructed to, she sold them. Dad found out and only rescued 3. He had to pay above market value to get them. I will not have this happen when I go. As soon as My boys come of age and Maturity I will pass on the curator ship. Hopefully there will be more after that boating trip disaster claimed them all.
    I dont remember seeing you on that boating trip, then again I was busy trying to stop my collection from sinking

Top Bottom