What are your winter indoor hobbies going to be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have several projects that I'll be TIG welding... a few machining projects... LOTS of house organization to do... plus reloading...

All that among working 9 hr days and other father/husband duties...

MuddyINGOGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Demotte, IN
    I have chicks to prepare for. My first small flock ever. I have a little more reading to do and I need to acquire a large cardboard appliance box for a brooder. Also home improvement, I need to finish my kitchen I started several months ago.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Setting up my new man-cave. Detached 22x40 garage, fully insulated, heat, AC, bathroom, epoxy floor, wired for cable, floor drain and work benches galore. That is going to be my car working area with all my automotive tools. Also that will be where my loading bench setup, bullet casting, and general hiding from the wife will be done. We move into our new place later this week, Thursday and Friday. Looking forward to it, but hate the packing and moving part. I just sat down after working on the house all evening. Beat and ready for a beer...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I have chicks to prepare for. My first small flock ever. I have a little more reading to do and I need to acquire a large cardboard appliance box for a brooder. Also home improvement, I need to finish my kitchen I started several months ago.
    My wife is looking to get some chicks at some point in the future too. Do you have any links that might be useful for her?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    careful cameramonkey I know a guy who has $7000 in his railroad. and the investment keeps getting bigger.

I see alot of machine repair in my future fixed a part for my uncle and now i have a couple brake lathes to work on. kinda looking forward to it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    careful cameramonkey I know a guy who has $7000 in his railroad. and the investment keeps getting bigger.

I see alot of machine repair in my future fixed a part for my uncle and now i have a couple brake lathes to work on. kinda looking forward to it.

Dont worry. Mrs. Monkey keeps me in check. But I did find my ace in the hole. My oldest monkey (8) is really digging it. I gave him my brand new 2015 Walthers catalog tonight with two post-it flags... at the start and end of the scenery and building sections. His job is to help pick out some cool stuff to put on it. Mrs monkey can say no to me... but to the little guy? not so much. :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not any hobbies per se. I'll spend even more time studying and when I have extra time, I'll watch more TV probably. Might even game more, if I can find something that holds my interest. Waiting for the Steam BF sale to see if the Borderlands prequel will go on sale :D

MuddyINGOGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Demotte, IN
    My wife is looking to get some chicks at some point in the future too. Do you have any links that might be useful for her?

I've been spending a fair amount of time on backyardchickens.com and youtube. I started a thread a few weeks back on the break room forum which has really good information also. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/361930-chickens.html

There is tons of information out there on the web-I really have enjoyed reading the blogs the most. Not one in particular, I read different ones almost daily. Also-on facebook look up Skin N Fluff Farm-his name on INGO is SkinNFluff, he's been very helpful to me.

Good luck and share how your chick do, I'd love to hear

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have a few paintings commissioned that I need to get done, Practice with my Blade MCX2 so I don't destroy my quad next spring, Build a few rockets for the grandkids. That should get me through to spring.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Scotch and lots of time in bed with the wife.

I've got a bunch of computer projects to work on.

Next winter will be a basement remodel. maybe.

EDIT: After reading other's plans it seems my top line should not be purple.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I've been spending a fair amount of time on backyardchickens.com and youtube. I started a thread a few weeks back on the break room forum which has really good information also. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/361930-chickens.html

There is tons of information out there on the web-I really have enjoyed reading the blogs the most. Not one in particular, I read different ones almost daily. Also-on facebook look up Skin N Fluff Farm-his name on INGO is SkinNFluff, he's been very helpful to me.

Good luck and share how your chick do, I'd love to hear
    Thank you for the info

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you need space for them, I suggest a hot chicks room:
    [video]http://www.cc.com/video-clips/apcd4d/upright-citizens-brigade-hot-chicks-room[/video]

(safe for work)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have chicks to prepare for. My first small flock ever. I have a little more reading to do and I need to acquire a large cardboard appliance box for a brooder.

My wife has wanted chickens for years. This spring she finally got the chicks and raised them. I was pretty indifferent to the idea at first, but I will admit that I quite like them. Ours have a coop with a small run, but normally spend most of the day loose in the yard. Watching them interact and run around is actually really entertaining... plus who doesn't liek fresh eggs?

Our new neighbor's dog killed five of them earlier this year and we acquired more of them, but other than that it has been a worthwhile endeavor.

Top Bottom