• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    So my roommate's ex-boyfriend came over about a month ago and punched a hole in the wall in our apartment, then yelled at her about how he was going to break everything she owned, everything she loved, etc etc, then left in a rapid fashion because he didnt know if my other roommate and i were home. :ar15:

Unfortunately we were not :( and came home to a hole punched in the wall. The Ex told us to get it fixed and he would pay for it because he didnt want the police involved. Needless to say I got it fixed and now that im asking for the payment, he's disappeared. He wont answer any calls, texts, but occasionally sends a text that basically tells me to go pound sand. I'd like to get paid for the money i had to put into the wall, but he isn't playing ball. What are my options for this, if any? I'd like to keep it simple (and legal, lol) but Im tired of playing his game. Any options?
    Thanks guys

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Small claims court, but depending on the actual cost of the repair, perhaps better to just let it go and chalk it up as a lesson learned. (Did you actually think the guy would pay you back????)

As a landlord, I would have advised you to call the police and file a report for the damage since legally you would be responsible for it, and under my lease you are not permitted to fix anything without prior approval from me. But since you're not my tenant.....next time don't fork over money without the collateral to back it up.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Depending on the cost, I'd let it go. Maybe it's time to sit the other roommates down and discuss it though. I bet they would be inclined to chip in some money, and maybe see about not letting him back over.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I know every person is responsible for their own actions, but, since your roomate told you to fix it and her ex would pay for it then I think she should pay for it. Afterall she did let him in and that does make her responsible for anyone she lets into the apartment. How does your roomate feel about her ex not paying for this and has your roomate offered to pay for it?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Another reason to let it go: he's the ex, and he owes you money. Depending on how much it cost, what better way is there to get rid of someone than to have them owe you money? If you're lucky, he'll duck you forever and you won't see his sorry behind again. That's worth it in my book!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Another reason to let it go: he's the ex, and he owes you money. Depending on how much it cost, what better way is there to get rid of someone than to have them owe you money? If you're lucky, he'll duck you forever and you won't see his sorry behind again. That's worth it in my book!

:yesway:

Best advice you could get right there.

Top Bottom