• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Trying to figure out what could be wrong with my daughter's Tokarev.

When loaded with a round in the chamber nine times out of ten pulling the trigger does nothing.

It his hard to tell if the trigger is not coming all the way back, or if it is just not real releasing the hammer.

This only happens when there is a round in the chamber. At any other time pulling the trigger releases the hammer like it should.

It definitely feels like the slide is all the way forward and the round is chambered properly.

We are using PPU non-corrosive ammo.

Thanks for the help,
    James

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I have been thinking about this but after talking to my daughter, I think she would rather just sell it. Today we need to decide if we are taking it to a gun shop and taking a low ball offer, or becoming a site supporter and putting in the the classifieds, with clear description of the problems and selling it as is. I am just worried about selling it here and angering a fellow member if it ends up being something more expensive to fix.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Sounds like it's not going into Battery. Try different Ammo.Someone on here may have a few rounds to trade so you can rule out an ammo problem. You only need 14 more posts, hang around here and sell it with the problem explained.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I will be going shooting with my dad Christmas Eve Morning, so I will give the gun and good cleaning and try some of his ammo. My daughter is no rush to do anything, so either way it won't she won't mind waiting till I hit my 50 posts

Thanks for the advice,
    James

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    thanks to everyone for the help. Went to the range with some Wolf ammo and it was obvious the slide was not going all the way forward.

I ripped the whole gun apart and went to town with a brass brush. The chamber was filthy. At one point I was getting black clumps of residue out.

Everything looks like a mirror now and the gun is working great. Every put a box of hollow points through it without a single problem.

My daughter is very happy and has decided to keep the gun.

Now I'm just working toward my 50 posts so I can buy instead of sell, which is always more fun anyway.

Thanks again for all the advice.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    A good cleaning for a gun is like a reboot for your computer; it'll fix issues you might not have even known you had, and solve problems that have been vexing you for ages. :)

Top Bottom